The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
4,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A good friend of mine sent me this tidbit. He secured this info from a friend of his that works for Lotus.
<i>
My man, XXXX, said the tuning on the Lotus version of the Toyota 1.8L is sweet. They upgraded it from a 4-bit processor to 8 (which somehow improves processing speed) and found a load of torque that the Toyota calibration was lacking.
</i>

Enjoy!

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
All I can say is...

When I was at the factory, the test driver pulled up in a 111s. I asked him if it was possible to be taken around in a fed version instead. His eyes lighted up and a grin went across his face, and he said "let me see if I can do that." and he ran out of the car to ask.

Unfortunetly, we couldnt take one out, but the look on his face was the biggest selling point for the US elise that I've ever seen. If a test driver "wants" to drive the fed version over the UK version, then Lotus must have done something right with that engine.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
The US car is truly wonderful!! Also, word has it a lot of the guys working on the US elise love it.

It's going to be well worth the wait. I know people will soon (if not already) get tired of me saying the US car is Sweeeeeeeeeeet!!
Chris

·
Registered
368 Posts
FederalElise said:
then you need windows software, which leads you to encounter fatal error, and you die
Restarting sometimes solves the problem. Maybe not the part about dying. Definitely not that part.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
MOKOSpeeD said:
Restarting sometimes solves the problem. Maybe not the part about dying. Definitely not that part.
Maybe s/he is trying to say that, in entering a turn, the blue screen of death freezes the anti-locking brake, and decides to pump the maximum anount of petro into the engine, while poping a dialog box asking you whether to reboot the system. And if that does not work, you have to contract your system administrator.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts