The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Tire abuser
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like these guys are about to bring their products to the US from New Zealand. Pricing seems similar to other aluminum trailers but these have a cool lowering feature. Check it out: Futura - Single Axle

·
Registered
433 Posts
That's a good looking trailer ... And so easy to load ..perfect for the Lotus
I live in NZ and have never seen one ... Will do some research.
Thanks for the lead .

·
Tire abuser
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a good looking trailer ... And so easy to load ..perfect for the Lotus
I live in NZ and have never seen one ... Will do some research.
Thanks for the lead .
Awsome. Give us a report on them if you can. Also, if price of the single axle trailer includes that Lamborghini Miura, I will have to buy one for sure :)

·
Registered
7,027 Posts
Brilliant. Hope there is some manual override in case the lift fails.

·
Registered
7,027 Posts
Is it really much more than a Featherlight or Trailex similar (other than the extra axle)?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'd seen a similar concept 2 or 3 years ago that uses airbags instead. In this case I'd be concerned about the motors running each set of cables - they'd be challenged to stay evenly loaded and maintenance seems like a nuisance. Looks really slick though.

Edit: here's the link.
and www.airbaggedtrailers.com

·
Premium Member
1,071 Posts
I'd seen a similar concept 2 or 3 years ago that uses airbags instead. In this case I'd be concerned about the motors running each set of cables - they'd be challenged to stay evenly loaded and maintenance seems like a nuisance. Looks really slick though.

Edit: here's the link. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ikzm_4Adz3U and Airbagged Trailers Photos
WE have one these at work to move cars from the lower building to the wind tunnel. There are no cables, each axle has air valve control so that you can raise and lower the bed.

Later,
Eldon

·
Registered
15 Posts
WE have one these at work to move cars from the lower building to the wind tunnel. There are no cables, each axle has air valve control so that you can raise and lower the bed.

Later,
Eldon
Bad english on my part. I like the airbag version, and not the cable version from the start of this thread. Both are crazy expensive for what they are.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts