The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spoke to a Lotus Dealership today (I won't name them to protect them from phone calls) and spoke with the person at the dealership who knows the most about the Elise. According to him, they've been told to expect their first cars between June 28th and June 30th. They have confirmation of 2 cars to arrive at their dealership AND a demo for a total of 3. At least that is what I was told. I asked about the two cars and was told:

#1 - Saffron Yellow - touring package and hard top
#2 - Ardent Red - touring, sport, no hard top.

Well as many of you know, I've been looking for an Ardent Red / Biscuit car with Touring and Sport (hardtop optional) so I asked about this car. I was told by the salesman that he would contact the owner of the car to see if the owner wanted to sell because the dealership had worked out deals with some owners to resell their cars (at a profit to both the dealership and the owner).

So basically, if the owner says Yes, they'll want something over MSRP for the car, if the owner says no, then I can check back when the next shipment comes in.

Anyway, I found this interesting and was wondering if anyone else has heard similar stories from other dealerships or have heard those same arrival dates, etc. ?

TIA!

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
N0, I havent heard that and frankly Im getting really tired of reading about things like this almost daily.

Lotus REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY needs to get ONE friggin story to tell their Dealers and stick with it, that, or they need to give ALL their dealers info so that ALL our dealers can call us with details instead of flailing around perpetually in the dark reading post after post after post from different sources with different info. :mad:

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
That does not seem to conflict with the info on the front page of this site.

...cars should be arriving on the eastern shore by June 15th. West coast cars a week later. Expect a few days in port for customs, paperwork, etc....
Add in transport time to the dealer...we are looking at sometime around June 20 for east coast, and June 27 for west coast.

What I would like to know is if the dealer is talking about east or west coast cars?
If it's east, then things are a little slower than I expected.

·
Registered
247 Posts
That's pretty much the reason I don't post her a lot anymore. I always caution my clients that when a new car rolls out it's arrival date usually gets pushed back several times for various reasons. I tried that approach on this forum too, when other dealers were feeding their clients unrealistic BS that they'll have a car in May but I chime in not to expect them until at least June, somehow I come off for some reason as not knowing what I'm talking about:rolleyes:
The truth is for the most part the dealers don't recieve hard facts from the manufacturer so you just have to use your best judgement in what you tell your clients.
Trust me...we want these just as bad as everybody else:D

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Randy Chase said:
That does not seem to conflict with the info on the front page of this site.

Add in transport time to the dealer...we are looking at sometime around June 20 for east coast, and June 27 for west coast.

What I would like to know is if the dealer is talking about east or west coast cars?
If it's east, then things are a little slower than I expected.
This dealer was closer to east coast than west... so things may be a little slower than expected or they may be spending time in port getting clear bras installed, etc. etc.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Randy,
I think the actual discrepancy is in the number of cars, he's stating his dealer's getting three cars. And yet we're pretty sure the first two ship had less than 40 cars total. Which would mean two dealers wouldn't even get their demos.

AT this stage, I've given up worrying about it, I've got no control over it anyway:(

Chris

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Three cars seems optomistic, unless that includes subsequent ships. My source at Lotus England, was very certain on the number of cars and when the ships left.

But then we have also had some dealers saying they are getting 10 cars in the first shipment.

Derek, I think that thought is what drives some of the non-communication. State something publicly and you will held to that. Too long a wait and people will not be happy. Too optimistic and they will not be happy when you are late. This is why I keep posting what I do know. If a ship has 18 cars on it going to one coast, and you are number 3, you are not getting you car in the first batch.

I was told I was listed as number one at Symbolic, and I am not getting my car in the first group. That I do know.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Last week of June is what Dan with Scottsdale Lotus told me on Thursday.

Also, realistically, there are a lot of thing out of Lotus' control that might push that back a bit further. So let's keep cool. The car's will be here soon. Lotus, the dealership, and the sales persons want to see us in our cars ASAP too.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Ive given up too.

What I meant by my post above is that its getting frustrating seeing post after post after post from people who have been given little shreds of information. At this point either the dealers know everything and are just being nasty or they know nothing/little to nothing and are grasping at straws like us.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
I have to think that some of the frustration may be normal when reaching the end of a long journey.... or as they say in project management... getting down to the short strokes.

It's close... and speaking for myself, I was very patient for years... but now, it's close.

something wicked, this way comes....

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Yep, and the forum has been a little quiet lately. Been waiting anxiously for some new photos, new dealer info, anything at all...it has been really quiet. I have a feeling this is the calm before the storm - in another week or two when the demos and a few customer cars show up all hell is gonna break loose on this forum...can't wait!

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
OneFastMiata said:
At this point either the dealers know everything and are just being nasty or they know nothing/little to nothing and are grasping at straws like us.
I don't mean this to be a promotion of my sales person, Dan with Scottsdale Lotus (yes, that's Dan with Scottsdale Lotus)! ;) But, he's always told me that we on Elisetalk will usually have the information soon that we would. The offical word is usually much later than the "rumors" we hear here.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Allan Gibbs said:
I don't mean this to be a promotion of my sales person, Dan with Scottsdale Lotus (yes, that's Dan with Scottsdale Lotus)! ;) But, he's always told me that we on Elisetalk will usually have the information soon that we would. The offical word is usually much later than the "rumors" we hear here.
Thanks. :) I take pride in trying to make sure that any information I can get is relayed (even if by hints) and is accurate.

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
When it comes to the dates when the cars will be at dealers the I can only say that I have been given many assurances that the cars will make it to the dealers (if only by a few days/hours) of the originally projected date of Spring 2004.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Sometimes it seems like we are getting married and someone keeps on changing the day.

They'll get here in 2 weeks, I know it's going to be the longest 2 weeks for a lot of people. Myself I still have to wait until Jan 05 or so.

So if you feel fustrated, just think about the guy that is several places down the list from you. You know there is always somebody that has to wait more.

Miguel

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Miguel said:
Sometimes it seems like we are getting married and someone keeps on changing the day.

They'll get here in 2 weeks, I know it's going to be the longest 2 weeks for a lot of people. Myself I still have to wait until Jan 05 or so.

So if you feel fustrated, just think about the guy that is several places down the list from you. You know there is always somebody that has to wait more.

Miguel
Feels more like we are waiting for a bride that has been forced, repeatedly, to change the wedding date because of internal body problems that keep popping up. Tell the 'bitch' to cut the crap and get here now! I'm tired of playing with my self using my shifter hand and I'm not comfortable doing anything lefthanded.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts