1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
Nice article, even better photo. Now that I've sold my S2000, the though has occurred to me that I could go get me a big Healey and have it now. Temptation is very bad to me.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
My husband has had 3 or 4 healeys... I dont think he'd suggest one to a prospective buyer. :huh:

We always kind of looked at the miata as a healey that actually runs and drives daily. :clap:

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
OneFastMiata said:
My husband has had 3 or 4 healeys... I dont think he'd suggest one to a prospective buyer. :huh:
The gene that causes one to buy reliable, practical transportation is completely missing on my father's side of the family. And I'm missing it too. My dad can tell you about the time his law partners made him stop driving important clients around in his TR-3. Not just because of the limited interior space, but also because he often needed a third hand to reassemble the throttle linkage. I guess that linkage would spontaneously disassemble it self if left unattended for more than an hour or two.

·
Registered
592 Posts
OneFastMiata said:

We always kind of looked at the miata as a healey that actually runs and drives daily. :clap:
:confused: :confused: I had a 3000 MK III and it was not that unreliable ;) And it was great fun to drive. Low end torque, corneered flat and very controllable. Limits weren't high by modern standards but I always recommend them to someone who is looking for a classic British car. Better than a Triumph (my father had a TR-4A) and MG and not as difficult to maintain as an XKE.

YMMV

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Dunno, he had two fully restored cars and we had two more in the backyard on the basketball court but he sold those shortly after we met. My understanding was that they werent the most reliable of cars.

I never owned one personally.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts