The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Combination street tire & Wet Weather track tire.

So –here’s the question. I have recently acquired one of Turbo-Phil’s trailer hitches and am assembling a trailer now. That means dedicated track tires rather than the A048s or R888s I have been running at the track.

I would like to get tire to use as normal street tires that I can also use in the wet at the track.

I was thinking of the following sizes: ( yes I know narrower tires work better in the wet )

214-45-16 and 245-40-17

I would love to know what tire (and sizes) you have run in the wet on the track. Other than that what tires have you used aggressively on the road in all conditions?

Thanks so much for your thoughts.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump

what no ideas -

YES I did use the search function. However there are many new tires mentioned with no actual feedback on which of them works and which do not.

Thanks -

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
I've been hearing that the 888's do fairly well either way.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I think this is the idea I'm going to go with also. Some basic nice everyday tires that would also work very well in the rain if needed on a track day. I would like to have slicks for dry. So I can't see 888 being the wet go to tire...could be wrong though.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
So far I am very happy with my RE-11's, but I have no real rain experience to speak of. I think it is asking about the wet that might be a problem. I bet not as many people know.

·
Premium Member
6,981 Posts
General Exclaim UHP 195/50R16 front, 225/45R17 rears. I wish they had the 175/55 size for front as that would be best case secenario for rain. 215 front tire in rain = hydroplaning!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts