The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m a new owner of a white 1984 Turbo Esprit with black interior. I’m having the seats reupholstered and the rest of the interior is in good shape nice deep black and no cracking. But the door panels are tacky / sticky. I’m not sure if there is a film on it or the leather is deteriorating? Can anyone recommend leather products that might take care of this?

Thanks

Jim

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Probably from what you (or the PO) have been using on the panel. Get Leatherique stuff. First clean with the cleaner and then follow up with the Rejuvinator.
Leatherique.com
David Teitelbaum

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Without fully knowing what it is, I'm reluctant to suggest a product. But I will say that Leatherique is a fanatastic leather rejuvenator/cleanser, so if you can get out whatever is on there with maybe some soap and water, you could then try that afterwards...

·
Banned
1,594 Posts
I would call the guys at leatherique.com.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input. I just placed an ordered with leatherique.com I'll let you know how it works.

Jim

·
Registered
671 Posts
Leatherique is fabulous stuff! I redyed my entire interior minus the seats and center console that I had reupholstered in new hides. The residue on your door cards is likely either "dye" that someone used to hide some imperfections, or it could be some oil treatment like "lexol" conditioner that they used to enhance the fragrance of the leather and it reconstituted some of the old product on the leather surface. Tlikehe leatherique cleaner will likely get the residue off, but may take some of the dye off, it someone did in fact use dye on the cards.
Artie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts