The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions for a propduct to clean the interior front dash of my Elise?
thanks for any suggestions.

·
Registered
6,981 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Another vote for Griots Interior Cleaner - great product :)

Please... anything but things like armour-all that typically contain silicones etc.

·
Premium Member
11,302 Posts
Just wondering if this is your 1st car?

I use, with great success, Vinylex (Lexol product for vinyl; I also use their leather treatment/cleaner).

Don't know if Armorall changed formulations, but it is NOT recommended in orig formulation.

All your car care/cleaning info in one place. This guy tests everything and deals with finicky Porsche and BMW owners:

Car Care Specialties - Quality Car Care Products

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Yeah, I use the wipes, not that original spray on that is all sticky gummy weird. Never liked that original spray formulation.
Unless someone has a bottle dating 2007 or prior, they are all of the new formulation with enhanced UVA & UVB protections

I use the wipes as well, even on the plastic louvered parts and everything looks brand new

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
I used the ArmorAll wipes and had to clean the film off my window interior every morning.

My detailer recommended 1 part Woolite to 10 parts water. Says he's been using it for years because it's gentle, cheap and works well. I just tried it the other day and it seemed to do OK.

·
Premium Member
6,241 Posts
So thats why my windshield is hazing again. Thanx! First time I've lubed it up in a few years!

·
Premium Member
5,176 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I don't have the issue, but I'm curious, if you do get the fogging of the window, whats the best treatment for removal/prevention?

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
I don't have the issue, but I'm curious, if you do get the fogging of the window, whats the best treatment for removal/prevention?
Removal: clean the window.
Prevention: don't use products that cause it.

xtn

·
Registered
471 Posts
You may just find that this stuff reduces the hazing/filming problem on the windshield (http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f3/film-residue-interior-front-windshield-39576/index5.html#post1661392)

303 aerospace. I have been using it on multiple cars... MAINLY for exterior plastics/ tops made of NON cloth material. Have you really seen it "seal" the dash from gassing off? Because, due to "clouding" I need to wipe my inner windscreen on a weekly basis... and I have put NOTHING on the dash.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I use meguiar's as well, the quick detailer will clean it and not leave a gloss shine. The other meguiars will leave a gloss shine. I belive both have the UVA protectant inside.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts