The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got tired of the alarm beeping at me every time I bumped the interior light and turned it off.

The instructions below show how to fix the light so that the alarm will be happy no matter what position the light is in.

Here is the mod on the Lotus wiring diagram:

I added a 1K pullup resistor between the +12V, and the door switch.

To disassemble the light, you most remove it from the back panel. I had to remove the panel to get the light out.
Here is the light:

You have to carefully pry the tabs away from the internal parts of the light, then the clear and white parts will slide out.

Here is how I did the mod on my car:

A closer view:

Note the blob, of sloder on the top of the +12V. I had to file that off until it was flat to reassemble. the black plastic holds all the connectors inplace. Additionally try to solder the resistor as close to the edge as you can. If you cover too much of the bracket, you will not be able to install the bulb. If you look at the bracket, before you solder the resistor in place, you can see a wear mark where the bulb socket makes contact. Stay away from that area.

I did this instead of the cutting the wiring harness; however you could add the resistor to the wiring harness if you wanted to.

Once this mod is complete, you can turn off the interior light and still set the alarm.

Enjoy!
Elisenc

·
Registered
169 Posts
Interior light not working

NC,
In troubleshooting my lack of interior light I came upon your tip, which I intend to implement...when I get the light to work. I am getting no voltage on any of the leads in the connector for the light, looks like I should see it on the center conductor, any thoughts?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts