The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched! Google, the forum and the electrical forum specifically and didn't see anything (but it did put my small problem into perspectivice against a lot of much bigger problems.

In my 05 Elise, when I push the interior light up, it stays on always, when I leave it in the middle it turns off always, when I flip it down it stays off until I open the door... Then when I shut the door it dims a little, then when I lock the door nothing happens. It never seems to go off... I'm scared to leave it on for a long time to "test" it as I don't want to kill the battery.

Any idea?

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
Check the door switch at the door sill.
Push it by hand to see if that turns off the light entirely.

·
Registered
6,931 Posts
I searched! Google, the forum and the electrical forum specifically and didn't see anything (but it did put my small problem into perspectivice against a lot of much bigger problems.

In my 05 Elise, when I push the interior light up, it stays on always, when I leave it in the middle it turns off always, when I flip it down it stays off until I open the door... Then when I shut the door it dims a little, then when I lock the door nothing happens. It never seems to go off... I'm scared to leave it on for a long time to "test" it as I don't want to kill the battery.

Any idea?
Position Yours Normal
UP ON OFF
MID OFF ON
LOW AUTO AUTO

So it seems that the "UP" and "MID" positions are reversed. It seems like the wiring is reversed. You can leave it alone or try to switch the black wire, which is connected to the "OFF" position to the empty "ON" position .
Michael

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So when I manually push in the door pin, the interior light dims but doesn't go off. Is it normal for the light to dim before turning off completely? If so, how long does it stay dimmed for before completely turning off?

Thanks,

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update. This does happen on both doors and it happens if I push the button on the doors manually too... I can tell the door closed button/sensor is "working" because when I push it the light dims immediately but it won't turn off no matter what. This is getting kind of annoying because that light is super helpful at night after you turn off the car...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts