The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Realtor
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
None of my interior lights are working except for driver footwell and I’m at a loss for what to do.

I had the original incandescent bulbs, so I figured I just had burnt out bulbs. My underdash ambient led was also out, but that’s tied into the dome light, so I figured that would work when I replaced the dome light. I changed out all of the lights (interior, trunk, and license plate) to led and changed the fuses on c12 and c14. License plate, trunk, and driver footwell work just like before with better led color, but passenger footwell, dome, ambient led, and glove box (didn’t even know there was a glove box light until reading about it on the forum while trying to troubleshoot this) are all still out.

I tried cleaning the dome light contacts, but nothing. Does anyone have any advice for what I should do next?

·
Premium Member
1,513 Posts
Grab a voltage test light and start probing for power. Assuming the C12 and C14 fuses are good, the only other thing involved in providing light at those sockets is the door switch in each respective door latch.

Also, the glove box lamp circuit is only hot when the key is in the ignition, and is protected by fuse C7.

·
Registered
2011 Evora NA 6sp
617 Posts
If you installed LED, some of them might have to be swapped based on polarity.

·
Realtor
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Grab a voltage test light and start probing for power. Assuming the C12 and C14 fuses are good, the only other thing involved in providing light at those sockets is the door switch in each respective door latch.

Also, the glove box lamp circuit is only hot when the key is in the ignition, and is protected by fuse C7.
I’ll get into potential door latch issues and check C7 for the glove box. Appreciate the help.
Edit: glove box light does work with key in ignition, so that’s good. Thanks for that tip.

If you installed LED, some of them might have to be swapped based on polarity.
Thanks, I made sure to try them all both directions. I should have mentioned that above. Even changed the working driver footwell with the passenger light to make sure I had good lights, but driver still worked and passenger still didn’t. So it has to be a power issue or issues.

·
Realtor
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, I made a breakthrough but I’m not very good with electrical, so I don’t know what the fix is. With c14 pulled I touched the metal on the driver’s footwell light to the light bracket and it kicked on the passenger footwell light, which is currently hanging not attached to the bracket. So obviously that’s creating circuit, but I don’t know exactly what I should be looking for.

·
Premium Member
1,513 Posts
Both foot well lights are tied to one side of C14 (via the purple wires), so anything that affects one will affect the other. C14 being pulled just means no +12V is present there, but the other side of the circuit is still grounded through the door switches. See the wiring diagram below:

·
Registered
588 Posts
He is one of the best, but not alone in being incredibly, shockingly supportive of people trying to work through their issues. I don’t plan on ever doing any of this kind of work myself, but I’m glad some people are and thankful that there is such a great community supporting them. Kudos all around. (y)

·
Premium Member
1,513 Posts
I've been on many forums and car club sites where it's nothing but toxic spewing, and I'm glad LT isn't one of them. It isn't without its occasional confrontations, but for the most part it's a great community. I don't profess to be an expert at anything, but try to share whatever knowledge I've picked up so that others can benefit from it. Plus with our state being mostly locked down, I have plenty of time on my hands in between all the conference calls to contribute.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts