The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all, new to these forums. did a quick search and couldn't find an answer to my question so I thought I'd ask you guys. There arent too many dealers in my area so it'd be hard to find the answer to this question myself, but how is the noise inside the car at highway speeds+? I'm looking to buy a sports car for weekend drives, and the exige is among my top choices currently. I use to work on cars, and on one project car I rebuilt the whole engine + suspension including coilovers, z35 tires, and front and rear sway bars. The result was an incredibly well handling car, but so loud from the harsh ride you'd have to really raise your voice at 65 mph to be heard, oftentimes not worth the effort just to make small talk with your passenger. Not that I had passengers often, I mostly tracked it. Now that I'm older and have a larger budget, I'm looking for something with great handling, but without that interior loudness. It'd be nice to have a conversation with my passenger on the freeway! Not looking for luxury cushiony ride, I still want that sports car feel. Exige the car for me?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the input guys. And haha no I'm not quite in the market for a boxter ;). I plan on making this purchase within the next month/month in a half. I have it narrowed down to the exige, viper, and z06 vette. I've only test driven the vette though, I'll definitely look into finding somewhere I could test drive the exige. I was hoping I could find somewhere local since I'd prefer not to have to take time off work just to fly somewhere for a test drive with no strings attached. I love the sound of a nice sports car, I'd just like to be able to hold a conversation with the passager on the highways without yelling is all.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
wow redback that's an impressive job you've done there. how many hours have you put into that?

as for the z06 comment, that car felt like a luxury sedan compared to the car i tracked back in the day (rx-7 with full mods and interior stripped). from the comments here, i'm more curious than ever what an exige driving experience is like now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts