The Lotus Cars Community banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
I don't even bother to answer the phone in mine. I can't hear what's being said.
You can hear it ring? I usually don't even know I've had a call until I get to my destination and see the voicemail icon.

xtn

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,689 Posts
Same here... I don't even pay attention to it unless I'm where I'm going.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I know that for many, the sheer rawness of the Elise/Exige is a fundamental part of the experience (and I can understand that) but seriously, the difference in the car once the sound deadening is applied is remarkable.

The guys at the Lotus Service centre have said to me a couple of times now that they don't know what it is, but my car feels really good to drive compared with most others they service.

Since the only mods (thus far) are a shift reinforcer, Manly Engine Mount inserts and forged wheels, I figure it must be the insulation that makes the difference.

Incidentally, with the hardtop on, conversation is comfortable and easy on the bluetooth hands-free at 70mph...

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,689 Posts
at 140 with the top off, I can't hear anything !

·
Registered
173 Posts
damn i really need the sound deadening...i drive closed windows and ac on....

how long did it take the sheets to come in after order?

did you DIY on the strip/install???

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hello??? Hello????

What????? What????? WHHHHAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTT??????

I will have to ring you back when I turn the car off, I can't hear ANYTHING while I am driving this beast!!!!!!

Hellooo??????????

Click...

(Phone call in a Lotus Exige S at anything above 900 rpm's...)

:D

(we have a radio?????) I though it was just a clock....

·
Registered
55 Posts
damn i really need the sound deadening...i drive closed windows and ac on....

how long did it take the sheets to come in after order?

did you DIY on the strip/install???
I'm in Australia and ordered from SS in the US, but it still only took a week. Send them an email and they'll be happy to guide you on the products to use.

I did the strip and install myself. Basic tools are all that's required, but the passenger's seat can be a b!tch because of the bolt locations. (Make sure you use blue loctite when reinstalling the seats and seat-belt bolts.)

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
I don't even bother to answer the phone in mine. I can't hear what's being said.

I second the idea that you're a good candidate for a nice, cushy Boxster.
I might try to answer the phone in mine if I could actually hear it ringing, which I don't with the windows down and the radio at a volume where I can at least remotely hear it.

So basically everyone knows that if I don't answer my cell, I'm probably in the Lotus.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I have no issues with talking to others while driving or on my cell etc and I have a fairly loud exhaust... I do hate it when I drop some thing under the seat and it vibrates on the floor pan, but other than that no real issues with normal noises the car makes...

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.