The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The bulb should be change to an LED to reduce heat. The current set up gets to hot and can cause the roof/paint to get too hot. If you accidently leave your courtesy light on overnight I am not sure what damage could happen to the fiberglass or paint. The Lotus mechanic told me this can cause an issue if left on for too long. The fiberglass roof top doesn’t have antiquate insulation over the light fixture on my 2011. I mistakenly left mine on for 4 minutes and I could not even put my hand on top of the roof directly over the light. I changed the light to an LED and added a small section of Dynamat and no issues.:D

·
Registered
396 Posts
Wow, surprising, but good to know. Bonus, the LED will draw less power and is less likely to kill the battery.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
211 Posts
"The fiberglass roof top doesn’t have antiquate insulation over the light fixture on my 2011."
That's an understatement!
Turn your dome light on at night and you can see the light thru the paint on the exterior!
It gives a nice flat brimmer neon glow!!

·
Premium Member
6,267 Posts
Part type/ number please!

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
If you have an Elise and change to the LED bulb it might mess up the alarm system since it isnt drawing enough current through the system. The light behind the seat is wired into the alarm or connected to how it works

·
Premium Member
2,158 Posts
There was a thread a couple of weeks ago with this very information, including a link to the bulbs on Amazon. Suggest a search for same.

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
The one that BWare linked is the one I have replaced mine with - it looks better inside now with the blueish hint of light.

·
Registered
137 Posts
If you have an Elise and change to the LED bulb it might mess up the alarm system since it isnt drawing enough current through the system. The light behind the seat is wired into the alarm or connected to how it works
Not a problem ann my exige as it has been changed to led.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,685 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Does this work for the license plate one as well?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Yes, I put LED's in mine. I did my foot wells and trunk also. Footwells look nice since the color now matches the stock accent lighting.

You'll need two for the license plate, btw.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Does this work for the license plate one as well?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Yes, but the licence plate bulbs are 38mm. Interior bulbs are 40+mm (the 42mm will be good). You can bend the tabs to make 'em fit either way.

I'm in the process of doing the licence plate, boot & interior lights. I got a flat battery from leaving the boot slightly open - the led lights draw a bucket-load less power.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts