The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to wait to post these until after I completed the interior work, but since a lot of people seem interested in interior trim work I thought these pictures would be helpful. I had the inset oval door panels re-covered and the center tunnel, both to match the chrome orange exterior.

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

-That's it! I am taking a little break and will complete the interior mods in a couple weeks.

Attachments

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
I like the detail and lining around the e-brake handle port in the console. If desired you could blacken or cover the switch and ratchet mechanism. There's no right or wrong answer here as the car's mechanical aspects are nice to see too.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I originally wanted a black leather boot to hide the e-brake parts (and match the shift boot) but after we did a mock-up it looked to bulky. I still might change it after I think about it a bit.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had it done at Mac's trim shop, it's south of atlanta off 19/41 towards jonesboro, next to honda motorsports. I saw some of their work in a nissan (who would have thought ostrich skin would look good in a car!) and several people I talked to had goods things to say about the quality of their work.

I think it was about $350 to do the tunnel and two door panels. It took about 2 days for them to do it.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Looks great X! If you want to bring it up to the Dragon's Tail we are putting together a little trip next Sunday.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That sounds like a great idea! PM me or post details for the time/meeting spot.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1FASTMX5 said:
Wow very nice! All that for much less then the painted console only deal that's out there. Thumbs up!

Yeah, I decided against the painted tunnel, I thought it would get dirty easily and be very noticeable. I guess I could have always zaino'd the tunnel though...

·
Registered
91 Posts
Wow, I'm going to have to get that done on my Elise too. Gotta find a customizing shop like that in LA.

Barry

·
Registered
430 Posts
Very nice! This would also be a great way to introduce a contrasting color into the interior.

John

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
I like the door inserts alot, sort of iffy on the center console. It just seems a little bright in the middle of a lot of non-bright.

Maybe you can get them to make a couple extra inserts for you so you could sell them here???

·
Registered
964 Posts
xfactor,

Very nice. I know some of the people wanted to see a little more luxurious look inside the car. This will help it a lot.
I painted my two Elise's consoles and I like them a lot.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts