The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driver side door:
External:

First issue was the external handle becoming extremely stiff. At first I thought it was my imagination but then it became so stiff that each time I opened the door it felt like it was going to snap off. I brought it in and they fixed it up.

Internal:
First it started to not work on the first shot but after three pulls would open. Now I have to roll my window down and open my door w the external handle while im in the drives seat.

I was told there is some sort of weak "pin" (?) that beaks often but that BMW makes one that will replace it and it's strong.

So that's about all I know. Anyone have any specific advice, part names, terms, etc??

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
156 Posts
welcome to the club. I'm going on my 3rd visit for door handles. first the drivers side then both were redone on a recall now my passenger side has an electrical malfunction causing the car to think the door is always open and draining my battery.
Make sure you dealer has the parts in stock with a backup before you bring it in, the first time mine went in the set that they installed first had a electrical gremlin and the window wouldnt adjust I was without my car for 4 days for a 2 hr job

1 - 2 of 2 Posts