The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
4,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We unveiled our 111RS Spyder this past weekend at the West Coast Lotus Meet.

Here's what makes this Spyder special:
  • Custom bodywork & paint completed in-house
    [*]rear flares to accommodate ETHOS 17x9 with Toyo R888R​
    [*]long tail rear spoiler​
    [*]doors with window slots deleted​
    [*]Exige race front clam with Gurney flaps used at radiator exit​
    [*]Shorten A-pillar​
  • Custom rollhoop with Takata ASM safety belts
  • Racetech Triple Adjust Suspension with 250/350# springs
  • DNA Front & Rear Swaybars
  • ETHOS wheels: 15x7 front & 17x9 rear
  • Toyo R888R tires
  • ProAlloy 211 Chargecooler
  • Custom tuning: 300hp
  • shiftR111 Ultimate
  • Naked shifter center console
  • Custom lights
  • sonicFURY + sportCAT
  • ULTRAdisc rotors + Gloc R10 pads - QWKbleed lines
  • subSTIFFY
  • APR side mirrors
  • Tow Hooks: LFTstrap + BBhook2
  • Nickel plated wishbones + MONOballs
  • ReVerie Side scoops + 5 Element Diffuser

The Spyder bodywork was done in-house and painted in our paint booth. This is not vinyl or a wrap. This car showcases most of our parts catalog and has several new or soon to be released items.

The event was a great time and something I recommend to all Lotus enthusiasts. Even the lousy 'English' weather did not dampen our fun. We also managed to secure 'Best of Show" with our car.

Attachments

·
Supporting Vendor
4,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This car was built from the crashed Exige that we acquired last year. Here are a couple more pix...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Shinno,
Love it man! You did a great job on returning a wounded car to a masterpiece! Wonderful!

Reactions: shinoo

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
What driver seat is that?

·
Supporting Vendor
4,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What driver seat is that?
It is our CF Big Bottom Seat with custom paint to match the car. We also did a cool little CF stripe along the outer edge of the seat. We left the back of the seat in CF.

When we commissioned this seat, many moons ago, the goal was to create a seat that would be more comfortable for bigger folk. It has saved many a driver from selling his Elise/Exige as the stock seats can cut off circulation.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Interesting to see this car without the "targa" configuration.
How is wind flow while driving?
The cut down windshield works very well. The car is great without a helmet - even at freeway speeds. I wore a helmet in the morning of our canyon drive but then took it off mid day. Buffeting is a non-issue. Naturally the safe way is with helmet but the fun way is without...

·
Supporting Vendor
4,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Shinoo,

Can you give me some more details about the ShiftR + e-brake housing?
We should have the production parts available later this Summer. Now that we have 'finished' the 111RS, we can get back to commercializing some of our new parts. I have another thread on this part in our Forum: HERE

·
Registered
16 Posts
Wow I was impressed when I saw the first few pics, but seeing the before picture this is mindblowing! I can't believe you got it plated with the headlight reconfiguration

·
Registered
300 Posts
We should have the production parts available later this Summer. Now that we have 'finished' the 111RS, we can get back to commercializing some of our new parts. I have another thread on this part in our Forum: HERE
Shinoo, what's the difference between the ShiftR and ShiftR Ultimate?

Chris

·
Supporting Vendor
4,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wow I was impressed when I saw the first few pics, but seeing the before picture this is mindblowing! I can't believe you got it plated with the headlight reconfiguration
Thanks, this is the first Lotus that we fully painted in our paint booth. It was crazy transformation!

·
Supporting Vendor
4,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Shinoo, what's the difference between the ShiftR and ShiftR Ultimate?

Chris
The Ultimate has the cables, short shift kit, Bollock and switch panel along with the shiftR111. It basically puts all the related upgrades into a discount package vs a la carte.

See them: HERE

1 - 16 of 16 Posts