The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Supporting Vendors
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Run Low & Race Fast! The raceUPRIGHTS have been our secret weapon during our Lotus Cup 2012 race season. These engineered uprights are a direct replacement for your stock uprights. They allow you to run 25mm lower than stock while still staying within the handling envelope designed by Lotus. They save almost 9lbs of unsprung weight and allow you to run less negative camber than is required by stock uprights. Engineered exclusively for Sector111 by Palatov Motorsport.

We have had these on our art car for about a dozen track days, 6 of which have been Lotus Cup races and they have performed fantastically! We believe these are one of the key reasons we have been so successful this season. These allow a ride height of around 100-110mm while maintaining the dynamics of the suspension. This means a lower center of gravity, better aero, and a bunch of unsprung weight savings! Plus everything bolts right up to them for a clean, easy install.

We have already begun shipping these so feel free to give us a call or order online! :nanner:

raceUPRIGHTS for your Lotus

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
Droooool

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Nice work Shinoo, and thank you!

·
Registered
533 Posts
Do you have a side-by-side so I can visually wrap my mind around how this lowers ride height? Issues with tires rubbing?

·
Registered
846 Posts
Run Low & Race Fast! The raceUPRIGHTS have been our secret weapon during our Lotus Cup 2012 race season. These engineered uprights are a direct replacement for your stock uprights. They allow you to run 25mm lower than stock while still staying within the handling envelope designed by Lotus. They save almost 9lbs of unsprung weight and allow you to run less negative camber than is required by stock uprights. Engineered exclusively for Sector111 by Palatov Motorsport.

We have had these on our art car for about a dozen track days, 6 of which have been Lotus Cup races and they have performed fantastically! We believe these are one of the key reasons we have been so successful this season. These allow a ride height of around 100-110mm while maintaining the dynamics of the suspension. This means a lower center of gravity, better aero, and a bunch of unsprung weight savings! Plus everything bolts right up to them for a clean, easy install.

We have already begun shipping these so feel free to give us a call or order online! :nanner:
Looks like the rears are set to take on radial mount calipers?, which ones fit?

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
They are nice, but WOW pricey. I recently got a Radical SR8 and built upright and hub assemblies are comparable in price:

SR8 Front Suspension Components

These include the centerlock hub and bearing. I love my Elise race car and all, but it is not even in the same league as the SR8 and I can't bring myself to spend more on parts for it than the Radical. I had hoped the CNC parts could come in under $500 a corner.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Group Buy everyone!

And while we are droolling over these, check out the price for the SR8 Air Jack Kit. Now that would be a cool track upgrade! Anybody done that yet?

·
Registered
846 Posts
Yes a bit on the spendy side. Elise parts has been making these for years, and a set can be had for about a grand less.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,107 Posts
Not cheap, for sure. They are engineered and race-proven to make your car faster without compromising reliability. They also deliver more unsprung weight savings. Our Art Car is doing very well this year in Lotus Cup against 211s. Our driver is amazing but these uprights help significantly.

We recognize we won't sell many of these but we think Lotus owners who want a proven solution that delivers lower lap times without reliability problems, will pick them up.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,107 Posts
Looks like the rears are set to take on radial mount calipers?, which ones fit?
You can fit the stock front calipers on the rear. Of course with the correct adapters you can also fit others calipers that are made for the stock uprights.

We run our 308BBK on the front and the stock front caliper on the rear. The car stops very, very well. Our Art Car tends to catch the 211s in Lotus Cup in the tight sections of most tracks - hard to beat those light lil devils on the straights!

·
Registered
935 Posts
re: Hubs

I have made a set 3 years ago myself.

It is not that hard as one of the surfaces on the original hub is flat and can serve as reference.

It is easy to move the spindle center up or down by relocating the 3 holes and the enter (round) opening. In my case, I even, used the dimensions of a different, larger and more reliable hub.

The price is not bad. It should be made from the right material like 7075. The material is expensive and there is enough machining to do, x 4 parts.

Anton

·
Registered
571 Posts
These are perfect, but agree on the price. I would definitely be interested in a big group buy situation, but they're just too expensive otherwise.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts