The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I'm sure the car will look great in-person, on the street, I can't help but feel a bit disappointed after looking at the FT-1 concept for the last few years. It honestly looks like the Fischer-Price version of the concept car. Also of note; very similar performance numbers compared to an Elise (a 20-year-old design!) and that's with a turbocharged inline 6...

Attachments

·
Super Moderator Ultimate The Enforcer
6,611 Posts
I wanted to say something when you mentioned it months ago, but I was contractually obligated to not talk about it at the time (NDA). It's just as disappointing in person IMHO. I evaluated this and a bevy of new cars 6-8 months ago.

San

·
Premium Member
1,253 Posts
Funny. My friend and I were discussing this car last night. We grew up in the golden era of Japanese sports cars during the early 90’s to late 90’s and we both were disappointed to say the least about this car. They ruined the “Supra” name. So sad.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
It looks pretty cool if you don't compare it to the concept. I'm not a fan of the actualized front facia but other than that, it's attractive.

·
He's on fire!
3,088 Posts
A great example of "lost in translation." Its got all the design elements, yet its not nearly as good.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
I suspect it is like my neighbors Lexis.

If you are close, bunch of ugly lines.

If you are 10 or more yards away, it looks better

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
The video definitely gives a better sense of the cars proportions and shapes, but I'm still disappointed. It just looks so much softer than the concept car. I hate that ipad-stuck-on-the-dash infotainment screen.

Also, that color and the many, rather conspicuous gaps between the panels reminds me of Michael Jackson's face when he turns into the robot at the end of Moonwalker.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I don't like the look at all. Some say it looks like a Scion FRZ or maybe a Alfa 4C. Personally it reminds me of my old BMW Z4 which was a perfectly fine cruiser, but an awful driver's car. I'm not impressed at all.

·
Super Moderator Ultimate The Enforcer
6,611 Posts
I saw it up close and personal many months ago, sat in it and evaluated it several times from a lot of different perspectives. There was a section for feedback to just the design engineers. My comments were not kind. Out of half a dozen cars I believe I ranked it third or fourth.

San

·
Registered
503 Posts
Maybe the plans were grander...but given the nsx sales figures; they decided a change of direction and scaled it back. The price-point makes it pretty competitive.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts