The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am guessing this will be contentious BUT i love the practicality of my M100 . I like its looks too. Its rare and goes and handles well and is great for roadtrips.
I test drove an Elise before getting this and found I looked drunk getting in and out of it. But I ride fast bikes and I think an Elise could be my next move.. Thing is they seem to be going up and up in price. Are they as reliable in standard trim? Im happier ragging things than spannering.. Thats just the way it is.
Met some German guy in France last year who belongs to a group that do European Mountain passes in 3 Group levels and he takes a tuned Elise.
The car will be sat for a few months at a time as I work away. .. ,Im bracing myself .... looking forward to your thoughts.. Thanks for reading..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your obs. Might test the S2 as I took out a standard S1 and would be good to see how they compare.
Judd. Im guessing most of them will be wrapped up for the winter.

·
Registered
148 Posts
i've had both cars. The M100 was a pleasure to drive, very practical, a great looking car and my wife and I did many weekend trips in it. I sold it and bought an Elise for more performance and handling on track days. There is no other car that drives like an Elise, but no chance that my wife would drive down the block in it, much less ride in it on a day or weekend trip. The best solution would be to own both cars, but it comes down to what your priorities are.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i've had both cars. The M100 was a pleasure to drive, very practical, a great looking car and my wife and I did many weekend trips in it. I sold it and bought an Elise for more performance and handling on track days. There is no other car that drives like an Elise, but no chance that my wife would drive down the block in it, much less ride in it on a day or weekend trip. The best solution would be to own both cars, but it comes down to what your priorities are.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would love to run both. Im inbetween girlfriends (Not literally !! .. that would be fun..) so an Elise would suit . I do love that Elan though . Maybe I get both!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts