The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All:
All this talk of increasing the price on the Lotus has me quite nervous. Does anyone know what the invoice procedure is? I.e. are the cars invoiced before or after they arrive at port, or is there some other timeframe for reference?
- dechien

·
Registered
538 Posts
dechien said:
Dear All:
All this talk of increasing the price on the Lotus has me quite nervous. Does anyone know what the invoice procedure is? I.e. are the cars invoiced before or after they arrive at port, or is there some other timeframe for reference?
- dechien
The dealer is invoiced after the cars arrive at port, as I understand it. Our second car arrived at the port over a month ago; our dealer said he usually gets the invoice a day or two before the car arrives at the dealership. Looks like this car will be a lot more expensive than the first, between the MSRP increase and this latest increase. Hopefully the MSRP won't go up again by the time it's delivered.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Your car can be sitting in port for weeks before it's invoiced - this is usually done around the time the car is released to the trucking company for transport.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
First the car arrives at port. It can stay a port depending on the congestion. After it's unloaded, it goes to processing. If you ordered the Star Shield that's when it's applied. Once the car is released for processing, the shipper has 72 hours to pick up the car and then it's delivered to the dealership.

From the time it goes to Port, you could be looking at 2 to 4 weeks to pick up. And yes, when you know it's in the country, that's the hardest part of the wait. :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts