The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Carbon Fiber
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yea I'm a nerd, playing with my new phone...

I like it, reminds me of my lotus, so much lighter!

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Galaxy S3!!!!

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
I will never own another Apple product for as long as I live. Apple hates you, remember that. If the new Lightning connector isn't proof of this I don't know what is.

·
Carbon Fiber
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
The new Maps are sick though, and guess what Gallaxy will never every have Apple maps! Same old google boogle bs...

Yea Galaxy is nice but is more for teenage girls.

I have not got to use it much but the ringer, speaker and ear piece are waaaay louder on this iphone then my last.'

I heard it has noise cancellation, gonna be able to test that soon.

I'm really just glad to have Verizon now, ATT was the issue, my old iphone was fine.

And crap now I gotta get a dock converter for my Memorex radio cube... But who cares, is that all Gallaxy has on Apple??? They changed the dock? please...

if you bite on that weak commercial you got problems.. or are a teenage girl.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
They make the COOLEST adapters :).

Android for me bc:

1. I have usb cables everywhere

2. Google maps / navigator is pretty much the greatest thing in the free world

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
We just need to move on. It is just like when we were kids and we thought girls had the cooties. Now that we are older and wiser we think different.

Each to his own :D

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Apple like to leash you, as per their heartbeat monitoring software, taking random pictures with your front facing camera, to supposedly protect you and your device, listening in to snippets for the same supposed reason...AAAAANNNDDD this...

·
Carbon Fiber
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LOL I had looked into the iphone 5 so many times before it came out I was already board with how the new one looked. Now that it is in my hand, its cool again for a lil.

New connector is cool because it goes in both ways! No more flipping the plug around!

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
No question Apple makes the coolest phones. The best phones, however, are Nokia. They have the best maps, the best construction, etc. I've compared past iPhones - can't comment on 5 yet - and with the exception of suri, if you want an actual business phone - business as defined as a device that can handle spreadsheets, adobe documents, has hdmi out, runs MS enterprise apps, any office doc, many flash sites, etc., - as opposed to email and watching videos, then it's nokia. They're made of metal and glass (high end models), but no question they are thicker and heavier. They use standard USB devices for linking and charging and have large screens. The Communicator series has been the standard for any business phone for years. They've run on every network you can think of domestically and abroad for years, though only the newest models have a version of LTE (I can't bring myself to say 4G, which is as real as the Evora convertible)

Now the bad: they are not cool, and they are big and heavy. They have had limited support in the US, and were late bringing to market many things they had originally developed. Is Nokia a good investment? Probably not. Is it a good phone? Unquestionably. Having said all that, everybody I know has an iPhone. When we compare feature for feature however, they always walk away, a little sheepishly, saying, "But it's not an iPhone!"

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
I'd sworn I'd never become an iFan. But switched from a Droid last year to become bilingual. Got a 4 last year and 4S this Summer so it would work in UK.
Was in the Verizon store today for another reason. Had to look at the new iPhone. They seemed to have plenty of them on hand and I was nicely approached to upgrade for $200. GF was surprised I didn't do it, said I'd probably sneak back later.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Well I see two new iPhones, but how many did you get? Is the phone so koo it took this picture on its back and did a side shot? Wow it is koo

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
I have the small screen version of the iphone 5, and have been pretty happy with it. I think my next phone will be a galaxy note 2 though.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I have two iPhones (one for work, one personal) and an iPad 2. I also have a collection of past generation iPhones lying around.

If I could choose again, I wouldn't buy an iPhone. I don't like the closed platform, where I forever have to give my money to Apple or lose my content. I also dislike Apple's new patent troll tactics.

I think the iPhone is still one of the best, or maybe the best, smartphone. But it's sometimes worth giving up a few things for freedom.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
No question Apple makes the coolest phones. The best phones, however, are Nokia. They have the best maps, the best construction, etc. I've compared past iPhones - can't comment on 5 yet - and with the exception of suri, if you want an actual business phone - business as defined as a device that can handle spreadsheets, adobe documents, has hdmi out, runs MS enterprise apps, any office doc, many flash sites, etc., - as opposed to email and watching videos, then it's nokia. They're made of metal and glass (high end models), but no question they are thicker and heavier. They use standard USB devices for linking and charging and have large screens. The Communicator series has been the standard for any business phone for years. They've run on every network you can think of domestically and abroad for years, though only the newest models have a version of LTE (I can't bring myself to say 4G, which is as real as the Evora convertible)

Now the bad: they are not cool, and they are big and heavy. They have had limited support in the US, and were late bringing to market many things they had originally developed. Is Nokia a good investment? Probably not. Is it a good phone? Unquestionably. Having said all that, everybody I know has an iPhone. When we compare feature for feature however, they always walk away, a little sheepishly, saying, "But it's not an iPhone!"
I dont doubt that nokia phones are great. In fact, I also admire the iphons interface and integration.

Nokia phones are their own proprietary OS? How is the support for apps? You say their maps are the best, but can they really be better than the navigator/google maps on an android phone.

Its amazing how well the turn by turn GPS is in an android phone. I usually mumble my destination in to the mic and It always finds my destination. The only complaint is sometimes the route isnt perfect, but usually its pretty good.

I also think we "care" a little bit too much about phones these days. Modern smartphones are a great bit of technology, but they seem to dominate too much of the science/technology information space (magazines, blogs, techsites etc).

·
Carbon Fiber
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Who cares about the USB port? The phone comes with a USB cord???

Ether way you need a damn cord!

The pic is a stolen one from google, I'm not dedicated enough to take a pic OF my phone

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
I will be getting a Nokia Lumia 920 this fall after 5 generations of iPhone use since 2007. Frankly I'm bored of the iPhone. It's still an excellent phone, but I'm blown by the camera on the Lumia 920. And I'm really liking OS too.

I will always have a need for my iPhone simply because of the Apps I've bought for it. But I really looking forward to a change in the overall experience. This last iteration of the iPhone has some very useful, importnat improvements, but nothing real groundbreaking to the point that makes me really WANT it. I've sort of lost the enthusiasm I used to have for the iPhone. Apple is getting lazy at innovating. They want to sell more phones and so they are playing it safe, so the overall way you use the phone hasn't really changed since the beginning. Not to say it's a bad thing but it's getting dated.

Personally I wanted to see improvements in customization. To enhance the user experience, make navigation more efficient and user-centric. The IOS paradigm certainly works, but things have come a long way when you look at Android and Windows phone 8 designs... Especially the latter.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts