The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How have your IPS 400's been for service? Was thinking about an IPS 400 and local dealer service manager (and a salesperson) said those were the only Evora's that ever give them an issue. Service manager wasn't so keen on them and tried to steer me away.

So, are they right? How is the IPS? I test drove one back in 2012, but I wasn't into paddle cars and am now warmed up to them.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Thinking of moving to an '18 IPS 400 too. I love my '12 IPS and would never go back. Really expands the daily use option given the reality of traffic. It can shift faster than me anyway. You're not so busy in the cockpit.

Reactions: brightoncorgi

·
Premium Member
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For me, the IPS is due to wife not being able to drive a manual. Makes the car much less useful if I am the only one who can drive it.

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
For me, the IPS is due to wife not being able to drive a manual. Makes the car much less useful if I am the only one who can drive it.
I bought a car once with paddles to make it more useful to the Mrs. After 3 years, she drove it all of 0 times. She might have, if it were our only vehicle between us.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
How have your IPS 400's been for service? Was thinking about an IPS 400 and local dealer service manager (and a salesperson) said those were the only Evora's that ever give them an issue. Service manager wasn't so keen on them and tried to steer me away.

So, are they right? How is the IPS? I test drove one back in 2012, but I wasn't into paddle cars and am now warmed up to them.
That seems like a bit of a loaded comment. What are they saying are the issues? My 13 SIPS has been pretty much flawless from new and I'm guessing Lotus didn't make it worse on the 400, considering they improve each generation.

·
Premium Member
2,180 Posts
My '14 S IPS would occasionally do the slip out of gear thing, but have had no issues with my '17 400 IPS. If I stop and put my tin foil hat on, given that most comments here seem to favor the manual, perhaps the service/salesperson feels he can get a better margin steering you towards a manual, since it's "in demand"? I enjoyed my manual Elise - but driving in the NY metro area, it was mostly just a workout for my right arm, and I felt it was rarely enjoyed. But that's just personal preference.

·
Premium Member
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
...perhaps the service/salesperson feels he can get a better margin steering you towards a manual, since it's "in demand"?
I really like the paddles in my Rapide. Really sold me on paddle cars. My friend's California is equally as fun. Am I getting old, lol???

I don't think there is any alternate motive to his statement. I have been customer there a long enough time. The IPS 400 would be my only car. I drive about 4K miles a year, so having two cars seems a bit much. If do get another car, it will be quite utilitarian.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
54,000 miles on my 2012. Up front there were TCU software updates but since then it's been great.

·
Illegal Alien
5,147 Posts
54,000 miles on my 2012. Up front there were TCU software updates but since then it's been great.
Never even driven the IPS, but if forum comments have any value i've heard of some wiring harness issues too. All this said my next Lotus order will probably be with an auto box and i'll keep the Sport 410 with its manual.

Reactions: brightoncorgi
1 - 12 of 12 Posts