The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Irritating electrical issues on Evora 400 - Airbag & windshield washer fluid lights

I am as big a Lotus fan as there is, but I'd be lying if the electrical issues that continue to pop up on these cars isn't starting to drive me insane.

I thought by getting a new Evora 400 Lotus would have worked out all the annoying intermittent gremlins from the S1s, but if anything, I'm experiencing MORE issues.

My airbag light has tripped at least 4 or 5 times in my 6 months of ownership (was never an issue on my S1 Evora S, even when leaving unused and not hooked up to a tender for a few days). After the last time my airbag light tripped, I immediately hook it up to the tender when I park at home (which if you think about it, is pretty ridiculous for a car of this price level). Of course, today it trips again, requiring yet another trip to get it cleared with Lotus TechCenter (god forbid you get charged by a dealer out of warranty for this ridiculousness). My battery is 100% charged and in great shape, there's absolutely no reason why it should be tripping the sensor. If electrical draw while parked was an issue on the S1, could Lotus not have made a half-decent effort to fix the issue on the 400s???

Separately, since day 1 my 400 intermittently trips the washer fluid low warning light as well, despite the reservoir being completely full. I never had this issue on my S1, nor do i think it even had a sensor. Why on earth Lotus decided to ADD a stupid/useless sensor for the windshield fluid reservoir is beyond me. Incredibly annoying.

If there's an easy fix for either of these issues please let me know.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
My low fluid light started doing this same thing awhile back too. Not sure what the deal is. I filled it all the way and still get it. It started off randomly now its on 95% of the time. It does go off if I take a corner so I am thinking its a bum sensor. I have a S1 so its not limited to just the 400's.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Either you or the dealer need to put some dielectric grease on the connectors. This solved the airbag light issue on my car after it went off a few times.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had the same washer fluid light going off almost immediately after picking up my 400. Took it in and they reset it and said everything was OK. Came back on the next week. Took it in again and they actually replaced the sensor. Seems to be working fine now

1 - 4 of 4 Posts