The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'll be taking the Exige to Cars & Coffee in Irvine this Saturday (3/22/14). On their forums I saw a 918 Spyder showed up last week. Anyone else in?

·
Registered
24 Posts
You gotta leave the house by 530am or 6am latest to get decent parking... that's pretty early for a Saturday... especially if you stay up on Friday night. But yeah, I've been a few times and it's fun for car watching.
Yep, definitely have to get there early - this past Saturday the lot was completely filled by 7:15 and cars had to wait till others leave to get in.

Here's the Porsche 918 Spyder for those who missed it -

Enjoy! :)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Stunning car! I live less than four miles from the show, but I still can't get up early enough to go to it. Wish it started at 9am like LA's supercar sunday.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good info guys, thanks. I've got a buddy meeting me there from far away who may have to come later. What time does the parking start to lighten up?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Go early or don't go.

I know that sounds crazy, but it's true. The place completely clears out at 9am. If you want to park in the main lot, you need to be there well before 7am. If being in the main "show" lot is not important to you, then you can arrive later (7:30 or 8) and park in the second lot or even in the structure. Or you can wait in line until someone leaves the main lot; those who arrived earlier do sometimes leave at 8am, but then you've missed half the time you could have had seeing the cars and talking to people in the lot. If you are driving in from a distance, you will feel like you missed out.

Lots of very cool cars, but if you want to have time to enjoy all of them, you really need to be there early.

·
Premium Member
4,551 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Really? I absolutely love that car, when I saw that sitting there with the engine cover up I just smiled ear to ear. I took photos of that too. Beautiful car. Love the sound.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tauri, I brought my Ardent Red Exige S. It was parked near the entrance next to a black first-gen Vette. Did you show a car?

plastique, I saw your CGT. Awesome ride. For some reason I assumed you'd bring a Lotus. :)

This was a great event. One of my favorites was an 80's Ferrari complete with car phone. The gleaming D-Type Jag was pretty amazing, though.

·
Premium Member
4,551 Posts
Really? I absolutely love that car, when I saw that sitting there with the engine cover up I just smiled ear to ear. I took photos of that too. Beautiful car. Love the sound.

Thanks!
Yea I was thinking of bringing my S260 but wanted to exercise the CGT - don't get to drive it much

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
105 Posts
I saw that one. It was the first picture I took. Lol looked great. I didn't bring mine to show, since it's at Specialty Car craft right now. But when I get it back, the first Saturday that comes by, I will be there. I'll send you a pm when I get it back so we can roll in together.

You don't drive the CGT much? I'm glad you brought it out. If you need someone to start it up once in awhile to get the fluids flowing and battery happy. let me know. Lol ever thought of taking it to gemballa?

·
Premium Member
4,551 Posts
I saw that one. It was the first picture I took. Lol looked great. I didn't bring mine to show, since it's at Specialty Car craft right now. But when I get it back, the first Saturday that comes by, I will be there. I'll send you a pm when I get it back so we can roll in together.

You don't drive the CGT much? I'm glad you brought it out. If you need someone to start it up once in awhile to get the fluids flowing and battery happy. let me know. Lol ever thought of taking it to gemballa?

Gemballa does some crazy stuff but this car is one that I'm gonna keep bone stock.

·
Premium Member
4,551 Posts
That's good. Always a great sight to see one the road. If you ever bring it in again and I'm there. I'd love to sit in it.

Anytime! Funny thing is as soon as I parked and opened the door this pregnant gal was asking me all sorts of questions. She asked to sit in it and I got a pic of her - was classic. And she was a true enthusiast.
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1395805231.490893.jpg

·
Registered
105 Posts
Haha nice. That'd be me. It's always a good feeling to have people ask about your car. It makes me smile every time. Unless they are dumb comments. I had one guy tell his wife or gf whatever she was that lotus was a kit car. I guess ill have to give you a pm when my car gets back and we all can drive in together.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts