Banned
874 Posts
towel need for what? I vote only 1

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
One.

Typical Randy Road Trip-

Notice winshield is hazy, wipe off with towel.
Wipe off the outgassing on the inside of the windshield
Drive off, towel behind passenger seat. Stop at Starbucks.
Clean up after stopping for Starbucks and you know you should not carry coffee in this car. Crap.
Drive on, weather changes and starts to rain. When you open the doors, water dribbles onto the sills.
Wipe up rain getting in from opening the doors (or if you have a leak)
Wipe off feet when wet when getting back inside (the pedals get slippery). Wipe off aluminum area in front of seats.
Still early morning and the sun is glaring off the front fender. Put towel in a ball on the corner of the dash to block the sun.
Hours of driving, your back is starting to sweat as the car gets warmer. Use towel.
Emergency lumbar support
Cushion your leg against the center console for long drives
Cover the shifter when you park to keep the sun off of it.
Unfortunately, you parallel parked and someone backed into the car. Use towel to cry into.
Check out front of car, lay towel on ground to lay on. All seems okay.
To wipe off the dirt/grease after getting up so you can get back in car.
Drive off, but AC is not working well.
Dip towel into water and use to cool off. Get small cooler for passenger seat and dip towel into ice/water mix to stay cooler.
Cover up valuables when you park (it is the glove box)

DONT PANIC (but carry a towel)

All based on actual experiences.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,313 Posts
One towel under the passenger seat at all times for the inside of the front window.

Two or more in the trunk to pad things that might fly around into the fiberglass. :popcorn:

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Two... but they are small towels ;)

1 -- cotton bar towel
2 -- micro-fiber towel

Both stowed in the under-dash tray to keep anything there from sliding around.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Funny thing with this car since day one I have always kept a clean towel behind the seats......never with any other car have I ever owned did I do this. It does come in handy for a quick interior window wipe though. Does the window film ever stop!!!

·
Registered
815 Posts
Ever since I was 16, I always kept at least 1 towel in each car. I have used them for a million different things. This is THE best thing to have on hand.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
The number of towels required is directly proportional to the amount of spillage that occurs.

I bring a box.

Anybody wanna get high?

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Does the window film ever stop!!!
over 3 years and 38K miles later, I'm going with NO.
Just cleaned it Sat morn. Did a mountain drive. Got caught in the rain so I put the top on. Went to see a movie, car was parked in the sun. By the time I got out of the movie it was all hazed up again. Thankfully I had a towel :) (well a microfiber)
Towel was also used to dry up rain dumped interior, my hair, and my passenger.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Always have a towel in the car. Most valuable when I had my Jeep, but I keep a Microfiber and a regular cotton towel in the trunk for quick water wipe off, drink spills, cover up dirty car parts if I have to transport them, whatever.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts