The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my name is kohl and this is my first post so hello. my question is not the standard im buying an elise but rather SHOULD i buy an elise. im 29 dont race,no tix in 5yrs and im coming from previous cars like a miata,a porsche 944 and an xrs just curious . i just would enjoy a drivers car

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
that i could enjoy on the twisties and casual drives. i live in nj, and have autocrossed,as well as gone to drivers schools, just wondering if it would be practical for me too consider it. plus i think the car oozes sex haha

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I was wondering

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
what was dripping out of my tailpipe.

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
Your question has also become a standard question over the past months.

Considering I have no idea what you consider "practical" I would have to say no you shouldn't buy one :shrug:.

Are you hauling christmas trees and copper tubing on a regular basis? Do you find a motorcycle has way more cargo space than you have ever needed?

I would suggest you spend some time reading http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f221/uberpost-read-here-there-information-uberthread-25131/ and http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f221/official-one-only-can-lotus-used-daily-driver-thread-60032/ and the other threads that have addressed your questions.

And welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i work for the board of ed in n.j and a teacher here is actually lucky enough to have a friend who lets her and her husband use it from time to time.,iv had the privelage to take a ride in it,but since its not my property iv never driven it. i love everything about the car but im wondering if its right for me.its a huge financial step for an every third day car hahaha

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i never haul things besides my occassional bag o work stuff and practical to me means driver satisfaction : ) and thank you for the welcome. seeing how my past cars were mostly small underpowered (miata)or overpowered (porsche ) would that lessen the learning curve ? and yes im a lurker and the uberpost4s my new best friend hahaha

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
i work for the board of ed in n.j and a teacher here is actually lucky enough to have a friend who lets her and her husband use it from time to time.,iv had the privelage to take a ride in it,but since its not my property iv never driven it. i love everything about the car but im wondering if its right for me.its a huge financial step for an every third day car hahaha
No child left behind should have started earlier -poke- :D

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im sorry i must apologize, im typing from a phone and so it doesnt take a year and a day i just type. i promise i type better on a computer : )

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Take a test drive, you'll know immediately if the car is for you or not.

Good luck in your decision and have fun!

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
my name is kohl and this is my first post so hello. my question is not the standard im buying an elise but rather SHOULD i buy an elise. im 29 dont race,no tix in 5yrs and im coming from previous cars like a miata,a porsche 944 and an xrs just curious . i just would enjoy a drivers car
that i could enjoy on the twisties and casual drives. i live in nj, and have autocrossed,as well as gone to drivers schools, just wondering if it would be practical for me too consider it. plus i think the car oozes sex haha
It "sounds" like you'd be a great fit for an Elise. The real test is whether it sucks you in on your first test drive. You'll know as soon as you take one out! I say go for it.

The Elise is a driver's car. Very communicative, very responsive. Low on luxury. If you *like* driving, this is the car for you.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Your question has also become a standard question over the past months.

Considering I have no idea what you consider "practical" I would have to say no you shouldn't buy one :shrug:.
+1

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
It "sounds" like you'd be a great fit for an Elise. The real test is whether it sucks you in on your first test drive. You'll know as soon as you take one out! I say go for it.

The Elise is a driver's car. Very communicative, very responsive. Low on luxury. If you *like* driving, this is the car for you.
What he said ! It's actually a great time to buy a previously owned one, assuming you have the cash, because prices are very low, well below what they really out to go for IMO.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts