The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad is handicapped and I'm trying to find a sportscar that I can fit him in.

I rented an N/A Evora and absolutely loved it, but the car had moderately wide door sills and was pretty low to the ground, so I didn't attempt to try to get my Dad inside of it.

That being said, we recently rented a C8 and had no problem getting him in that, which actually surprised me as the C8 cabin is oddly tight for what it is. I was recently watching some Evora 400 and Evora GT videos and the cars look easier to get into than I remember the N/A Evora being so I'm wondering if there's hope for me to get my Dad into one of those variants.

Does anyone have any info or thoughts on this?

Or if anyone happens to own both a C8 and Evora and could comment on ease of ingress that would be great as well!

Thanks so much in advance!

·
Premium Member
9,481 Posts
400/GT is definitely easier entry and some say seats are slightly higher

·
Registered
2021 Evora GT
2,641 Posts
Agree, the GT is much easier with narrower and lower sills. I have back issues and this is much easier than my 2011 or 2012.

·
Registered
343 Posts
As stated the much narrower door sills make entry/exit much easier in the 400/GT vs the older versions.

my parents are 81 & 83 with the latter being my dad with dementia, they can both get in/out without to much trouble, dEad doesn’t comprehend a lot of what I tell him but it’s still doable at times.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As stated the much narrower door sills make entry/exit much easier in the 400/GT vs the older versions.

my parents are 81 & 83 with the latter being my dad with dementia, they can both get in/out without to much trouble, dEad doesn’t comprehend a lot of what I tell him but it’s still doable at times.
Thank you for sharing really appreciate it!

·
Registered
823 Posts
I brought the Evora so I can share the experience with my kids and get them into sport cars early. I didn't know that other folks buy the Evora to drive their Dads around town. I guess I can say "hey Dad, do you want a ride in my Evora". Damn, the Evora is versatile!

My dad is handicapped and I'm trying to find a sportscar that I can fit him in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts