The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a longshot, but I thought I'd ask..

Is anyone at Lotus UK or Lotus USA willing to check on my order for me? Stop laughing, I'm serious. :)

It's rumored that Lotus People might pop in here now and then, I thought I'd ask this small favor of any one with access to the actual Lotus Oracle. Please? It would be so very nice just to have some idea of when I might see my car.

I have no connections, no pull, no special status, no extra cash.. I'm just a dude that put an order in long ago. My dealer has no information. I have no information. It would be really cool if someone in the know could bypass whatever bureaucratic hurdles are in the way and just send me a clue directly, even anonymously. I'm not looking for promises or ETAs, just a nod that yes, there is a car or order with my name on it somewhere.

Maybe there is someone eating a turkey sandwich right now, surfing EliseTalk one-handed on a lunch break, with a "Lotus UberSystems2000" terminal nearby. Would you just reach over, peek in and send me a PM? Please? It would really mean the world, and let me do something with my summer besides wait by the phone. C'mon, just a quick check...

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
They would need your full name. :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
For what it's worth - as to some spotted whiteboard information, these Croft VINs have passed F8 final checks in week 29 and should be regarded "deliverable":

VIN 0214, 0225 and 0228 arrived at F8 finals, but were marked red.

I had a thought whether this is classified information, but it was clearly visible to 11.000 ppl at the CTL event. So it should be safe to be talked about. Notice some quite delayed VINs like 120, 129...

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I believe that Lotus was planning to provide dealers with estimated build dates for current orders by the end of July or so. That would be nice if it happens.

If they are producing around 40 US cars per week, I'm guessing that I'm stuck waiting until December for my car to arrive. There was a time when I thought that with luck my car might have arrived by the end of July. Oh well.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Patricko said:
Genjuro...Donald Trump:)
Want to head down to the Korova Milk Bar for a milk plus vellocet before some of the ole ultraviolence?

Actually, I would prefer my name to be Paul Allen.

Have you seen his 400+ foot yacht, the Octopus?

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
jml1952 said:
I believe that Lotus was planning to provide dealers with estimated build dates for current orders by the end of July or so. That would be nice if it happens.
I'm clinging onto my dogeared printout of the John English July 7 letter to dealers:

By the end of July, you should know about how many cars will be produced for your dealership from October through the end of December 2004. This time we will give you a tentative production month so that you can work with your customers to anticipate when their cars will arrive.
I'm especially curious about the June through October production too, since that's where my car should be.

For all the talk of increased communication, I can't say I've received the smallest shred of information. It's driving me nuts to see all these PA deliveries, when Lotus can't be bothered to tell anyone on the west coast if I should expect a car this week, this month, or this year.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Randy Chase said:
They would need your full name. :)
Full name, address, dealership info, order details, shoe size and pizza preferences are all available upon request. Hell, I'd fax my 2003 1040 if I thought it would get me a hint of information.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Patricko said:

OMG! Usually when a yacht has a helicopter it (the helicopter) looks huge. The Octopus' helicopter looks tiny. And it looks like it can be moved forward into its own enclosed hangar. (see garage door with basketball hoop on it). Anyone up for a little half-court hoops action onboard? That is one BIG boat.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
DCNSX said:
OMG! Usually when a yacht has a helicopter it (the helicopter) looks huge. The Octopus' helicopter looks tiny. And it looks like it can be moved forward into its own enclosed hangar. (see garage door with basketball hoop on it). Anyone up for a little half-court hoops action onboard? That is one BIG boat.

NOTE: it has TWO helipads!

DOH!!! :huh:

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
DCNSX said:
That is one BIG boat.
It also seems to have a "boat house" on the rear. The rear hatch is swung up, and it looks like the rear walkway (with the railings) might open up. Wonder what kind if boats are kept in the there?

Tim Mullen

·
Registered
493 Posts
The boat hatch houses a 12 person submarine and a floatplane. There is also a bulletproof mercedes G wagon on board for shore excursions.

Anyone who wants to know more can pm me

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
TimMullen said:
It also seems to have a "boat house" on the rear. The rear hatch is swung up, and it looks like the rear walkway (with the railings) might open up. Wonder what kind if boats are kept in the there?

Tim Mullen
These big yachts always have one or more tender boats, usualy something around a 35' or 37' Center Console Sport Fishing boat as well as some other smaller boats, jetskis, dive gear, kayaks, widsurfs, bikes, mopeds, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc,,,,, it probably costs Mr. Allen upwards of $3 to 5 mil a year to operate that toy.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Re: Re: Is anyone at Lotus willing to check order status?

Stefan said:
For what it's worth - as to some spotted whiteboard information, these Croft VINs have passed F8 final checks in week 29 and should be regarded "deliverable":
The cars delivered to Symbolic San Diego yesterday were very low VIN numbers.. the yellow is "30018".

So we can get some notion of the pipeline depth if July 11 through July 27 holds ~250 cars. That's quite a backlog.

Edited for correct math.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
I think my VIN is 187... crap...wrote it down somewhere. :)

It is in port. Somewhere. Damn customs. :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Randy,
IF your VIN was indeed 187, the Liz passed F8 final on Thursday Jul 15th. So this could only be a UK port (or they are using hovercraft for VIP deliveries ;) ).

It will really be interesting if anybody comes across one of the aforementioned VINs in reality - this would give a healty estimation of "ex-Lotus-date vs. at-dealer-date". My estimation is Aug 15th-20th for those VINs, if they are eastcoast-bound.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Damn.. I need to find that scrap of paper. I know the car came into port on the 23rd of July, now being held by Customs.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts