The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I should have stuck to my guns. When they announced the DLC plan I took to reddit and seriously considered canceling my preorder since it felt like they were trying to sell me an incomplete game just so they could sell me the rest of it as DLC.

The demo changed my mind and I went ahead and bought it. The first night my game glitched and I lost some of the release content, other release content never came through. I sent emails to the support email address and got an auto-response saying to f***-off they don't read emails. I took to the Forza forums and they ignored me and then when I got more insistent locked the thread and banned me from posting. At this point I just want my damn $80 back.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I already returned my copy to GameFly....not a Forza style racing game.

Surprised the credits do not include "CodeMasters", but then it's not as good as the "Dirt" series either.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've heard nothing but bad things.
The game itself is amazing. The delivery and final product is a wallet gouging ripoff that is rough around the edges. They also think customers support is beneath them. They refuse to answer emails and block you from posting in the Forza Forums.

·
Registered
138 Posts
.. I actually enjoy it. I would not compare it to the Forza series though. Two completely different styles and two completely different games.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
$80 or $60? $60 is the normal price that I see. I havent looked too much into the game, but it reminded me of Test Drive Unlimited when I read about it. TDU was a really good concept, but it ended up just being people speeding around driving crazy completely unrealistically.

And TDU kind of reminded me of a bigger version of Tokyo Extreme Racer on Dreamcast, which was really fun.

It would be cool if a game had an open enviornment for driving, but put harsh penalties on you if didn't act "realistic". That way people could try to do crazy stuff, but it would still have excitement to it.

Well, I should have stuck to my guns. When they announced the DLC plan I took to reddit and seriously considered canceling my preorder since it felt like they were trying to sell me an incomplete game just so they could sell me the rest of it as DLC.
This is how I felt after buying Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 (especially Diablo 3). I was a die hard Blizzard fan for about 15 years. But the way they treated these 2 games has shown me that Blizzard-Activision is not the same company that Blizzard was. I don't know if I will ever buy another Blizz title.

The "patch" mentallity has really hurt games in the last 10 years. In the old days you couldn't patch a game. Companies had one shot to release a game and they had to get it right. Now you buy games that require patches on LAUNCH DAY :crazyeyes . I am more approving of it with MMORPG's because ongoing patches are the nature of the beast for that genre. But 1st person shooters, racers, platform genres? No, there is no excuse for that.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
This is how I felt after buying Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 (especially Diablo 3). I was a die hard Blizzard fan for about 15 years. But the way they treated these 2 games has shown me that Blizzard-Activision is not the same company that Blizzard was. I don't know if I will ever buy another Blizz title.

The "patch" mentallity has really hurt games in the last 10 years. In the old days you couldn't patch a game. Companies had one shot to release a game and they had to get it right. Now you buy games that require patches on LAUNCH DAY :crazyeyes . I am more approving of it with MMORPG's because ongoing patches are the nature of the beast for that genre. But 1st person shooters, racers, platform genres? No, there is no excuse for that.
I have not played Horizon, and am glad, now, that I did not pick it up...

But I agree completely with you on the Blizzard topic... After the last two games, I will never buy another Blizzard title.

·
Registered
176 Posts
i liked the demo except for the not-so-realistic things like cutting across grass medians and hitting cars head-on with no penalties. i'll probably wait until its in a bargain bin before getting it. besides, halo4 is now taking up what time i would have given to forza horizon

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I lost interest in Halo after 2. And am now PC gaming so won't have a chance to check it out...

I am waiting for AC3

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I lost interest in Halo after 2. And am now PC gaming so won't have a chance to check it out...

I am waiting for AC3

AC3 is amazing. I've already discovered two things that need to make a comeback:

Three point hats
The insult "lobsterback."

·
Registered
405 Posts
I played the demo and cancelled my order. Apparently their idea of an open world environment is guard rails on both side of the road preventing you from leaving pavement except in very rare instances. I was expecting the map to be more open like a grand theft auto map would be.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I played the demo and cancelled my order. Apparently their idea of an open world environment is guard rails on both side of the road preventing you from leaving pavement except in very rare instances. I was expecting the map to be more open like a grand theft auto map would be.
Horizon 3 is completely open world. Even has drone mode to help with rare barn finds.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts