The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
purveyor of lightness
4,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ORE CF Interior Pieces - was "Is anyone from On Rails Engineering listening?"

Just a shout out on a more public channel to see if I can get someone from ORE to let me know where my order stands...

Back story:

Jan 7th: I ordered a bunch of CF parts from ORE to (re)finish my interior. Kevin from ORE stated that it would take about six weeks to get the order manufactured and shipped. No biggie.

Feb 24th: I received an email from Kevin stating "We just went through all of your parts for final inspection. All your parts a good except for the switch panels. The weave on those got reversed. We will get another set with the correct weave made. For the time being you can install the rest of the parts. Just need to do some final trimming on it. Should be out in the next week or so." Once again no biggie - switch panels don't require removing other pieces...

Mar 3rd: Email from Kevin... "trimming is done. we just need to get everything packaged up and shipped. " Yeah!

Mar 9th: Email from Kevin... "Should be able to get it out this week. I'll keep you posted." Shouldn't be too long now, right?

And silence ever since... I've left several emails.

Anyone hear from them??? :scratchhead: :shrug:

#On Rails Engineering

#Lowtush

·
Premium Member
4,098 Posts
Carbon Fiber is a Dodgy business................Worse than drug dealers!

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
I have

I have some stuff on order since December........as the others have said CF is tricky.....so I would take the lead time with a grain of salt......my prior order took 3 months.....but it was well worth it....the parts were perfect!....

My advice is just wait ....they deliver

·
purveyor of lightness
4,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have some stuff on order since December........as the others have said CF is tricky.....so I would take the lead time with a grain of salt......my prior order took 3 months.....but it was well worth it....the parts were perfect!....

My advice is just wait ....they deliver
I AM patient - it's just that they've had the parts for the past month and there's been no communication from them for the past two weeks.

·
Registered
182 Posts
They seemed to fall a little behind on keeping up with orders through the holidays and during their custom build in the early part of 2015.

I placed an order in late November 2014, and items were shipped last friday March 20th 2015. Delivery should be today.

It took a little longer than expected, but they were responsive to my inquires. I appreciate their communication and I'll be a return customer if item quality is met. I will expect a faster than 16 week turnaround time next go-around though.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Thanks Tush! (that sounds a little weird) :huh:
Depending on darkSol's line of work or interest in keeping some information from being posted, such as his personal address, I would hesitate on posting tracking numbers for all to see. Instead it might be a good compromise to have darkSol just update once he receives the items.

·
I Have Commitment Issues
2,911 Posts
Depending on darkSol's line of work or interest in keeping some information from being posted, such as his personal address, I would hesitate on posting tracking numbers for all to see. Instead it might be a good compromise to have darkSol just update once he receives the items.

I believe (I could be wrong) on tracking # it only shows the city and state not the full address which darksol already has listed.

·
Saffron Yellow is Lighter
1,255 Posts
Pictures!?!

·
purveyor of lightness
4,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
As promised - pictures and weights! :)

These are full CF pieces - NOT 1/2 CF 1/2 Fiberglass.
Plastic vents and hardware NOT included in weights unless noted

Weights (in grams) from left to right:

Dashboard 2142gm (2341gm stock) Save 199gm*
Left Upper Vent sill: 191gm (252gm stock) Save 61gm
Gauge binnacle: 202gm (293gm stock) Save 91gm
Steering column top: 29gm (40gm stock) Save 11gm
Steering column bottom: 167gm (248gm stock) Save 81gm
Radio/Vent panel: 158gm (222gm stock) Save 64gm
HVAC cover: 85gm (150gm stock) Save 65gm
SRS airbag cover: 95gm (410gm stock) Save 315gm**
Right Upper Vent sill: 241gm (318gm stock) Save 77gm

Total savings over STOCK PIECES of 964gm (2 lbs. 2.0oz).

Switch panel/blank cover will be on the next shipment - manufacturer had the weave backwards (not ORE's fault).

My actual savings is substantially more since I am replacing some older Carbon Fiber Creation pieces. They were merely CF overlays over the existing parts and are much heavier (they were also the only thing available in 2009!) For example my CURRENT binnacle is 434gm; my top steering column is 62gm; my lower steering column is 422gm and my HVAC cover is 157gm. MY savings will be 1357gm (2 lbs. 15.9oz).

Notes:

*Additional trimming of the dash will be required in order to have Jim Clayton's 5.25" speaker rings to fit. There are also a handful of spaces underneath where trimming/cutting will be beneficial to additional weight savings. My goal is to get the dash down to 1716gm so that my net weight savings for my CF upgrades will be a nice even 4lbs. With the removal of the airbag and associated hardware I should net a nice clean 10.00lbs. of weight savings

**I am removing the passenger side airbag since no one has ridden in my car for almost a year - so I am not using any of the stock metal securement system.

Finally please excuse the smudgy glass table and my fingerprints on the dashboard - it was a rush photo job this morning just before taking the kids to school :)

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
Damn! That whole setup looks so nice man! Cant wait to see it in the car! I just put in an order for some more pieces to complete my interior.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts