The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found these rotors listed on various web sites for Lotus Elige. They are inexpensive and appear to be the correct fitment.

Anyone have any experience / info?

Centric part# 128.23000

·
Registered
111 Posts
Just bought a set for the front of my elise. They fit good, I haven't driven with them yet, I'm waiting on parts from BWR. I have an auto X this weekend, I'll give an update after that.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Rotors and pads performed good. I think they feel better than the factory set up. I would recommend these rotors.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Who is the OEM supplier of rotors? Is it the one mentioned in the Discovery video about the Elise?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Who is the OEM supplier of rotors? Is it the one mentioned in the Discovery video about the Elise?
Negative. The special Aluminum-metal-matrix rotors were only used on early Series 1 cars and then ditched.

The OEM rotors are cast iron vented rotors from any number of suppliers.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rotors and pads performed good. I think they feel better than the factory set up. I would recommend these rotors.
Thanks for the feed back. These are very reasonably priced. I found them for as little as $64 each online at a number of vendors.

I'm going to try a set.

·
Registered
972 Posts
+1 for these rotors, I've had a set on my car for about a year now and never had any issues with fit or performance. Got about 8K on them with plenty of canyon carving, city and highway driving.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
+1 for these rotors, I've had a set on my car for about a year now and never had any issues with fit or performance. Got about 8K on them with plenty of canyon carving, city and highway driving.
Ok, then, I'm going to try these next as my current rotors are due for replacement.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Also I believe Stoptech rotors are made by Centric as well sinceI heard that they are the same company. Stoptech has a decent rep.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Are the cooling vanes on these correct or are they backwards on one side like OE?

·
Registered
479 Posts
Are there separate left and right side part numbers? My old curved vane/slotted rotors on my MINI had separate numbers. Just want to be sure!

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
So I thought I had already chimed in here. I was actually the rotor design engineer at Centric parts and designed the 128.23000 heavily based on the OEM rotor. There is only 1 part number for left/right/front/rear just like the OEM.

I hated working at Centric the last few years, as some politics came into my office. But this particular part is something i'm very proud of. All aspects of the vane design and drilled holes match the OEM, the advantage is that the 128.23000 has e-coating on all surfaces (except friction surfaces) for inhibiting rust and is mill-balanced/checked to ensure proper function.

·
Registered
479 Posts
OK cool. I will get them now that it is confirmed. I can buy a set of Hoosier's for the cost of a two piece rotor setup!

·
Banned
170 Posts
So I thought I had already chimed in here. I was actually the rotor design engineer at Centric parts and designed the 128.23000 heavily based on the OEM rotor. There is only 1 part number for left/right/front/rear just like the OEM.

I hated working at Centric the last few years, as some politics came into my office. But this particular part is something i'm very proud of. All aspects of the vane design and drilled holes match the OEM, the advantage is that the 128.23000 has e-coating on all surfaces (except friction surfaces) for inhibiting rust and is mill-balanced/checked to ensure proper function.
Can your share with us what the coating is?

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
So the coating is standard electrocoating(process of using electricity to apply paint), its a black semi-gloss finish that has survives well over 96hr salt spray testing that was required.

·
Registered
376 Posts
So the coating is standard electrocoating(process of using electricity to apply paint), its a black semi-gloss finish that has survives well over 96hr salt spray testing that was required.
Do this rotors still fit the 2008 Exige's with the bigger AP Racing "BBK" up front?

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Sorry bud, no dice. the 2008 with the four piston brakes need a larger rotor and Centric doesn't have it. I never got approval for making that part.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts