The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
4,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many of you know that I love black wheels and have pushed them hard to our community for years and years. My latest favorite has become gold wheels. Here's a one-off set I had made for my personal Elise (shown on someone else's Elise here). We have not made them for stock but it seems that more and more exotics are now being shown with gold wheels. What do you all think about gold wheels? Is gold about to become the new black?

·
Premium Member
1,899 Posts
Not for me. Too flashy. But I’m old school so what do I know.

Reactions: fastfatdude

·
2021 Evora GT, 1986 Turbo Esprit
129 Posts
The Esprits are way ahead of you. Been there, done that with gold wheels. So I say yes, bring 'em back!

hammerEspritGYLOSpring2020.jpg

·
Supporting Vendor
4,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Esprits are way ahead of you. Been there, done that with gold wheels. So I say yes, bring 'em back!
These BBS-style wheels are certainly what made me fall in love with gold...

·
Dreaming of Lotus
2005 Elise Sport Touring
164 Posts
Nah gold looks awesome. Subaru really made those mainstream with a great look on the Impreza years back. Reads totally different, but still awesome on a Lotus. Would probably not be great on my purple car.

Cool car shinoo!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Have owned by '17/400 for a few months and I'm already pimping it (pics to follow in another thread) - but I hadn't considered gold wheels.

Now you've got me thinking... :)

Kevin

·
Registered
07 Exige S
1,652 Posts
Triggered...

All my accents are carbon fiber with gold anodized fittings. A little throwback nod to John Player Special pallette. They most certainly would work with my CO Exige.

·
Premium Member
2005 Lotus Elise - Touring
42 Posts
Absolutely love it, especially with the classic wheel style of the Stellacorse wheels!

I just had some LSS wheels painted black but I am thinking a gold like this would be great for the factory 7-spokes on my Ardent red car.

What is the paint code on yours?

·
Registered
162 Posts
@shinoo the gold looks beautiful on that storm titanium! I'm not sure it would have the same affect on my arctic silver however. Nonetheless I do like it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Agreed that gold is a pretty good heritage color, especially for lotus. I’ve personally never been a huge fan of black wheels and always preferred silver wheels to them. It’s something about the super blacked out car that I don’t find especially aesthetically pleasing, but I think both gold and silver work superbly

·
Administrator
5,108 Posts
I've seen a couple of Bronze wheels in Virginia Beach and they looked great on the White and Storm Titanium cars they were on. Are we going to see Bronze offered for the next buy of Monolites Shinoo?

Reactions: Verichai

·
Registered
No lotus yet, but cant wait to get one
152 Posts
Yeah, the gold looks amazing! But my personal favourite is a full black elise with bronze wheels...

·
Premium Member
7,351 Posts
Looked good back in 2004 on the World Rally Blue Subaru STi.

·
Registered
2006 Lotus Elise
1,335 Posts
I have been casually in the market for a set of gold or bronze wheels for my LRG Elise for a couple years. I just think the gold color would compliment the metallic green paint quite nicely. There don't seem to be many options for our cars in these colors.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts