The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to purchase the Lotus Sport Exhaust from Lotus. Is this a "Do it yourself" job with basic tools?

Thanks!

·
Registered
396 Posts
Concur that it is indeed an easy DIY. I had mine installed by the dealer, then I installed a decat myself, which involved (for me at least) removing the sport exhaust completely and reinstalling it. Nothing much to it if you can swing a wrench.

·
Registered
7,088 Posts
You can do it. Plenty folks here to help if you get stuck.

There might be some cursing required to get the existing pipes apart, but it will happen.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Everyone!

I found a new one on ebay for $1,295 and purchased today. Big savings relative to purchasing from the dealer.

·
Registered
233 Posts
DIY every day of the week

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Help Please!

Hey you guys,

I have the exhaust and am in the process of putting on (or trying to) :).

I removed the rear diffuser, and have undone all the bolts including the clamp that holds the exhaust onto the pipe. However I can't seem to pull the exhaust off the pipe. Any suggestions?? Should I remove the short pipe that comes of of the header and then once I get it all out attempt to remove the short pipe from the stock exhaust?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Hey you guys,

I have the exhaust and am in the process of putting on (or trying to) :).

I removed the rear diffuser, and have undone all the bolts including the clamp that holds the exhaust onto the pipe. However I can't seem to pull the exhaust off the pipe. Any suggestions?? Should I remove the short pipe that comes of of the header and then once I get it all out attempt to remove the short pipe from the stock exhaust?

Thanks!
It just takes a lot of pulling and wiggling. First time I did it, it was a royal pain, but each time since had been easier.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using AutoGuide.com App

·
likes to drive fast
1,127 Posts
Spray some WD-40 near the clamp/joint area. Let soak then wiggle it back and fro (like carphoria said). I know this can be tedious..especially doing while the car is on the floor. Just be patient. It will be worth it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts