The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The thing looks like it is moving in fast forward! Man it is fast!

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7S7xbxuaXrA"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7S7xbxuaXrA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, maybe I can get past the red rope and sit in it! ;) I am surprised you have not gotten any more cup cars or a 211 for the showroom.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
The thing looks like it is moving in fast forward! Man it is fast!

A lot of that probably has to do with who is behind the wheel as I have heard that was Johnny O turning those laps.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You tryin to say I am slow!!!

Just kidding, I am slow. Last time I was at VIR, I was in a miata. And although I could drive the wheels off that thing... well, it was a miata... :eek:

·
Registered
58 Posts
$$redneck special

2-valve pushrod motor = basically 50+ yr old.
redline @ 6.5k +/- still.
Front engine layout - not true sports exotic
ceramic brakes/dry sump/Ti parts/Mag parts/mag shock etc. - can all be after thought add on.
any aero aid? still over 3k lb.
GM just adding or changing different parts on the car from year to year.
new design??? new engineering??? uh...same old vette.

Fast? oh yes. tons of torque from the push rod.
best bang for your buck? yes.
Its a very fast muscle car that handles at best.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Front engine layout - not true sports exotic
Oh yea, that's completely true.:rolleyes: Front engine Ferrari's, Aston Martins, TVRs, Mclaren SLR, Maserati Coupe, Alfa 8c, etc. None of those are true sports exotics. Ohhh I see, they can be GT cars but not true "sports exotics". You can get down off of you mid-engine, light weight, European built soap box anytime.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Oh yea, that's completely true.:rolleyes: Front engine Ferrari's, Aston Martins, TVRs, Mclaren SLR, Maserati Coupe, Alfa 8c, etc. None of those are true sports exotics. Ohhh I see, they can be GT cars but not true "sports exotics". You can get down off of you mid-engine, light weight, European built soap box anytime.
rotfl

·
Registered
549 Posts

Totally agree... just amazes me the uninformed biases out there... the "true" this or that... this car will hand 99% OEM cars their *ss. And just to think...just one of those outdated Chevys doing it ;)

This is the color that seems to be a winner>> (pic by Rick Conti at Detroit Auto Show)

Unfortunately, at a $100K sticker most will be going for LOT more due to dealer gouging. The one thing I do NOT like about the car is the interior...basicially a C6 interior (which is quite nice) BUT for this type of car needs sports seats etc... this is where GM could take a page out of the Porsche or Audi (R8) book..
Michael
Proud owner of a C6 Lingenfelter 366 and a 1990 ZR-1

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Furthermore, GM put more resources and technology into the ZR1 (just another Corvette?) than Ford ever dreamed of putting into the Ford GT (real sports car?). As you said . . .

ceramic brakes/dry sump/Ti parts/Mag parts/mag shock etc.
Hmmm, sounds like parts strait of an Audi R8 or a Ferrari 599 to me and much like various kit off a true race car. Oh but wait, the motor is in the front and it is of the pushrod LSX variant (one of the best motors ever built) so all else is obsolete. :up:

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Hell I still am having a hard time getting over the ZO6. Love that car.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts