The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to lock both doors to my 05 Elise, without enabling the alarm system.

If you use the CDL to lock the doors with one door open, the other door will lock but the door that is open won't.

Is there anyway around this? I would love to be able to lock up the car without the alarm.

·
Registered
143 Posts
If the manual key doesn't work (Exige's don't, not sure about Elise's) try pulling the open doors inside handle when you lock the door. Just keep it pulled and then lock the doors from the inside. Sometimes this will by-pass any type of lock prevention that is in place to stop you from locking your keys in your car.

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
If you want to use the alarm remote to lock the doors without arming the alarm/immobilizer the only way to do it is to make some wiring modifications.
Cheers,
Michael
I would like to lock both doors to my 05 Elise, without enabling the alarm system.

If you use the CDL to lock the doors with one door open, the other door will lock but the door that is open won't.

Is there anyway around this? I would love to be able to lock up the car without the alarm.

·
Super Moderator
5,461 Posts
If the manual key doesn't work (Exige's don't, not sure about Elise's) try pulling the open doors inside handle when you lock the door. Just keep it pulled and then lock the doors from the inside. Sometimes this will by-pass any type of lock prevention that is in place to stop you from locking your keys in your car.
It should work on the Exige - did you try it following the directions in this thread - http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f157/exige-77337/#post1339125

·
Registered
135 Posts
This is what I got from the service manual:

"
If desired, the alarm may be armed without the intrusion sensor or battery interruption circuits being active by:
- with the alarm disarmed. hold the tranmitter button pressed for a 4 second period. This will be acknowledged by 3 flashes of the hazard lamps, and blinking of the alarm tell tale.

Note:
# Intrusion sensin will automatically be reinstated the next time the alarm is armed.
# Do not inhibit operation of the microwave sensor by placing bags or large objects agains the cabin rear bulkhead.
"

My car is out of commision for the moment, so I haven't tried this yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.