The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

One of my evil friends let me drive an Elise, and I'm hooked on the little go-kart. It's tiny, uncomfortable, made from aluminum cans and recycled milk bottles, and I love it!

I'm pretty sure that I'll be choosing an Elise SC, and I was wondering if these go for MSRP, or if I can haggle a bit. If this was a Toyota or Honda, I'd get the price way down for sure, but I have no idea how receptive Lotus dealers will be to an offer below asking price.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Gonna let you in on a little secret.

Step 1. Go to a dealer and try to buy a holdover 07 model.

Step 2. After you actually sign the papers arrange to have them crash it into you, a pole and if at all possible another car.

Step 3. Profit...

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Hi Guys,

One of my evil friends let me drive an Elise, and I'm hooked on the little go-kart. It's tiny, uncomfortable, made from aluminum cans and recycled milk bottles, and I love it!

I'm pretty sure that I'll be choosing an Elise SC, and I was wondering if these go for MSRP, or if I can haggle a bit. If this was a Toyota or Honda, I'd get the price way down for sure, but I have no idea how receptive Lotus dealers will be to an offer below asking price.

Good chance of getting them down on cars that they have in inventory. It's my understanding they buy them from Lotus, don't floor plan them, so if they're sitting they'd like to move 'em.

There are a few on lots around the country, but by no means a big inventory. If you're not too picky about options and willing to pay shipping (THAT you might get thrown it), you probably could get one at a good price.

I'd say little to no chance if the car is ordered to your specifications.

Buying off the lot, the buyer has leverage in a down market.
Order, the seller holds the cards.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts