The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car arrived friday! Magnetic blue with biscuit touring. It drives better than I ever could have imagined! Exhaust note is so sweet... I will post some pics and stuff soon.

Anyone know where the best place for me to get an indoor cover would be?

-Whit

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ended up having it shipped in an enclosed truck. Curt was great to deal with.

Here are a couple of pics that my brother has already posted on the web.

pic1

pic2

pic3

pic4 With the other ladies...

Sorry about the quality, the camera is really aweful.

-Whit

·
shay2nak
25,131 Posts
Congrats! I was checking out your badass house! What do houses go for in your neighborhood? (I want to compare to CA)

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
zcar222 said:
My car arrived friday! Magnetic blue with biscuit touring. It drives better than I ever could have imagined! Exhaust note is so sweet... I will post some pics and stuff soon.

Anyone know where the best place for me to get an indoor cover would be?

-Whit
Someone mentioned a Cover Craft brand that is shown on www.autoanything.com The indoor model called 'Dust Top' is available in a 'custom fit' for the Elise and uses some kind of micro-fiber layer that protects the finish from scratches, even if you put it on and off repeatedly each day.They offer 'free shipping' and the price point starts at $114.95. You need to see if that would be the price for the size used by the Elise. I had a bit ofa problem getting final info at the site but they mention an 800 number you can call for advice (800-874-8888).

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice, thanks guys.

Oh yeah, and a house like that in GA... Well price depends on if you buy it, have it build, and or location.

Price range would be from 400 grand at the low end. 1.5 mil at a peak location. A place like buckhead in Atlanta, houses are so rediculous. A shack would cost millions.

-Whit

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
zcar222 said:
Nice, thanks guys.

Oh yeah, and a house like that in GA... Well price depends on if you buy it, have it build, and or location.

Price range would be from 400 grand at the low end. 1.5 mil at a peak location. A place like buckhead in Atlanta, houses are so rediculous. A shack would cost millions.

-Whit
Damn...

That looks like a lot more house than you could get for $1.5M in my area :eek:

Congrats on the car, looks slick.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I'm the one shilling for AutoAnything.

Believe me -- I have nothing against Shinoo and Sector111. Based on my experiences, I like to recommend AutoAnything to others because they are a very nice place to deal with. I have no affiliation with them, nor do I get anything for recommending them. My "affiliation" is that I've bought a couple of covers and a bunch of other stuff over the past few years.

This being said, I know that the Cover Craft "Snug Soft" is available for our cars. I just got a sample the other day, and it really does look like a nice material for indoor use. It's a thin spandex-like material (in a number of colors) with a low-nap fleece on the inside (like felt). Having seen a picture of the "official Lotus" cover, I would guess that it's made of this material (probably by Cover Craft).

I priced the Snug Soft at AutoAnything for 200 bucks. They have free shipping promotions periodically, so it's a pretty good deal.

Just passing along what I know...

·
Registered
592 Posts
OneFastLotus said:
Pace Academy?
I'll have to ask my mother. I haven't been down to Altanta since my grandmother died abaout 8 years ago. Ironically my mother just went down this weekend to visit her stepfather and brother. I should go down to visit my cousins.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts