The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Lotus and I have got a hankering to do some serious scenic driving.
When are the cars getting out of the shop? Fred and the Supercharger and Shawn with the upgrades?

NELLI mentioned a tour of the Berkshires...I'll check with Mark.

We went to Vermont, so maybe New Hampshire.
How about an overnight, anybody up for a weekend away? We could stay at the Grand Mountain Resort in Whitefield, do a numb bum from there...

Feedback please...Time to make plans.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Breakfast in Montreal Sunday morning, :eek: then a full day of 2-lanes back home??:shrug:

Or, just wimp out and ride the Kank (route 112, the Kancamagus Highway) from Conway to Lincoln, or all the way to Woodsville at the VT boarder.

Just a suggestion...

·
Super Moderator
3,113 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,113 Posts
Keep the route twisty!

There's lots of ground north of 302 we don't spend much time on. Whitefield would be a good launching point for an extended trip. If I could make it, I wouldn't mind looping through the Dixville area from there. Maybe lunch at the Balsams?

A day trip up the west side of NH to the Franconia area could work well. Possible breakfast at Polly's, etc.

If we go the Berkshires route we could modify what Vangman is trying to put together and traverse MA west to east on scenic roads with dinner in Boston for those brave enough to drive into town.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
NH and VT are both great choices. My uncle does quite a bit of motorcycle riding, and has a few really nice routes through VT.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
i had a chance to do the Kancamagus in april. it was wet out so i was slower then wanted to be. if thats part of the route, i would very much like to come up for the drive. an over night would work best for me.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
i had a chance to do the Kancamagus in april. it was wet out so i was slower then wanted to be. if thats part of the route, i would very much like to come up for the drive. an over night would work best for me.
If the drive is through NH, I'd say the Kanc is a must. I took a day and blew through there last month. My family has a small house in the area as well, in the Lakes Region.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hey guys I was thinking maybe running a road in VT. There was a write up in Road and Track about one of the best roads in the country to drive on and it was through VT. We could spend Saturday driving up there. Spend the night and drive back... I want to say it was Rt 110 or something in VT, passed some real scenic areas

I recently bought an E46 M3 so I would really like to log some miles on it

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
i took a road trip up rt 100. a ton of fun! even went over lincons gap... 2500feet and dirts roads in the elise...

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
RTE 100 in Vermont is excellent. But we did that one in June...8 Vipers 9 Lotus and 2 Ferrari's pulled over on RTE 89 and detained for 30 minutes.

The Kank is nice if you haven't seen it in a while. Last time I was on it the traffic was so heavy we had trouble matching the posted speed.

If you guys are serious about an overnight this place is awesome New Hampshire Hotel Conference Center | Luxury Hotel Destination Wedding | North Conway Golf Course Corporate Meeting - Mountain View Grand Hotel

But if your traveling alone(no balla bing, balla boom) it's expensive.

Good starting point for a scenic drive from NH across to Vermont and we could do RTE 100 in VT (backwards) on the way back.

More Feedback please

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
ok, well im up for the over night because its an 8 hour drive or more to get to that area. so if any one eles wants to share a room, that might make it easier. anyway. i watching the thread.what weekend are you guys thinking

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hi gang!

I'm definitely game for anything, as long as I'm available of course :) I definitely have a hankerin for a drive with the onset of cooler weather! As of right now, the weekend of Sept 20 works for me...

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
How do you want the weekend to go? You have an 8 hour ride to get to NH. Overnight and the Drive next day. At the end of the drive you will have a 6 hour drive back home.

Will you be spending another night up North? If so then the best way to handle the weekend is to drive up on friday. Get there late afternoon, reception relax and dinner. Hang out and retire. Saturday morning after breakfast begin the scenic tour. Lunch in Stowe, VT. Continue on RTE 100 South but take the mountain pass...end up at White River Junction, at RTE 89 and RTE 91. Rte 91 will take you back to Jersey.

How many people, cars are you thinking?

I think the September 20th weekend is perfect timing for the run. A little early for Southern, VT foliage...but that will work in our favor (traffic).

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
If it's in September, I will probably be able to go.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts