The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I still haven't decided on a color but I'm very interested in the Saffron Yellow. I've read more than a few posts where someone notes that yellow convertibles look like huge flowers to (mostly stinging) insects and attracts them in droves.

Is this really true? I've never even considered a yellow car before but it looks so nice on the Elise. I just wouldn't be thrilled having to keep a swatter or a fogger behind my seat for emergencies :)

Last point of relevancy, I live in northern Ohio. Maybe most of these incidences occur more often further south.

Thanks for your insights.
Jim

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
I like the color yellow and as such have yellow clothes, from my winter/spring jacket to my yellow Mountain biking clothes. Ive never been attacked by swarms of insects trying to pollinate my jacket and Im only travelling at walking speed or biking speed. I doubt you'll have much trouble at 65mph in your yellow car. :)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess it does sound like a pretty daft question. I would have never even thought of it had I not read others lamenting about it. It's still my top choice but I wanted to find out if this was just a legitimate issue for some.

And I think I would be well advised to avoid making any comments about you getting pollinated on your bike or otherwise. I'd never speak of such things in polite company. :)

Jim

·
Registered
95 Posts
Since I seem to collect yellow cars, here are my observations

Yellow Miata - Attracts insects
Yellow Elan - Attracts Insects
Yellow nose on Seven - Attracts insects. When I leave the car outside there are never bugs sitting on the aluminum or the green parts of the car, just the yellow nose.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Yep, yellow does attract more insects. It is a pain when you are trying to dry it off and they keep landing on it. Not that much of a problem though.

·
Registered
81 Posts
My experience with the Corvette Factory Team which usually has Chevrolet Millenium Yellow is that they do not seem to attract that many bugs. We have taken them all over the compass, even France. They do attract other things......

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts