The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Lotus will definitively NOT go bankrupt. The current situation maybe difficult, but the Engineering division itself has a sufficiently strong market position to ensure a large potential buyer base if DRB would want to sell.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Lotus will definitively NOT go bankrupt. The current situation maybe difficult, but the Engineering division itself has a sufficiently strong market position to ensure a large potential buyer base if DRB would want to sell.
whilst that may have been the case years ago, sadly it's not now.

since Proton brought Lotus, a lot of the work Lotus Engineering used to get went elsewhere, companies like Ricardo have taken a lot of it.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Don't worry, be happy:bow:

And buy a new Lotus to make sure things don't turn sour-poke-

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
If we are all keen on seeing a future for Lotus we should stop these mass discussions about rumours about possible, theoretical or even impossible things lying ahead.

The best contribution we can make to guarantee a future for our favourite carmaker is to STOP THESE RUMOURS! -poke-

On the other hand, if you really want to make sure your favourite toy comes from a future bankrupt company just keep talking.:evil:

·
Premium Member
6,236 Posts
Look if Aston Martin could survive, Lotus can and will. It is unfortunate so many new owners evidently made impulse purchases without understanding the current situation of the company. If assembly lines are in lockdown, part suppliers aren't producing either. Is this so difficult to understand? Patience will, hopefully, be rewarded.

·
Registered
51 Posts
So, had those who made "impulse purchases" not done so, how would that contribute to the solvency of the company? Would it not have made a bad situation worse?

·
Registered
211 Posts
"So, had those who made "impulse purchases" not done so, how would that contribute to the solvency of the company? Would it not have made a bad situation worse?"

+1

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Is lotus going bankrupt?

It is just a misunderstanding, the radio is a blaupunkt.

·
Registered
817 Posts
I had just recently talked to someone from Lotus at Norfolk and he said, and I quote "From what I have been told Hi com has always had a share in Proton so hopefully much won’t change." Take that for what its worth. :confused:

:popcorn:

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
I was one to make an impulse order of a 2012 evora,and I don't regret it one bit. Hopefully I haven't placed my faith in the wrong company, but from what I have read about the company and the people who work/own lotus I have very strong faith in the future of Lotus and the people. But truthfully only time will tell either way se la vie....:UK:

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
I think they have been going bankrupt for like 30 years now.....
At least 30 years, some would say 60+ years.

I have read that the policy in the 60's and 70's was to pay bills upon receipt of a solicitors letter. Back in the very early days the blokes who delivered chassis would turn around and take the chassis back to their their shop if Lotus didn't hand them cash.

·
Premium Member
6,236 Posts
Just referring to lack of understanding why we're waiting for our parts.

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
Unfortunately in todays corparate world the only thing that matters is the bottom line. If someone with passion purchased Lotus I believe Lotus will succeed. Lotus may never make billions of $s but would make thousand extreamely happy.
Margins at companies with passion are always small, but once you sellout you may make money for awhile, but over time the passion goes away and so do the customers.
Look a Shelby, once the sold the name to Ford the cars were just badges. Not till the last decade when shelby came back di the cars improve.

Lotus will keep going. Lets hope it is with the passion Chapman intended.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Here's my take: Continue as if nothing is happening at all.

Then, God forbid, if you wind up in a minor accident, make sure you back up and ram the clam another 10x into that SUV so you're written off completely.

·
Registered
340 Posts
unfortunately I'm sure all the new model lines will be on hold indefinitely. I think they will be sold eventually, hopefully new ownership won't ruin the brand, like TVR.

·
Back to the Future, again
6,154 Posts
Companies come and go based on the wins of the market. That's capitalism. Prepping up a failing company with tax money does nobody any good. Let someone else with a better business model come in and fill the void. I love Lotus and Ducati like anyone else but if they can't make it work, then it doesn't work.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts