The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Indy and the closest dealer is ~3 hours away. Is Lotus considering increasing their dealer presence since they're going from selling ~100 cars a year to ~3000???

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
I would suggest making the drive to FVMC...

Many of the "new" dealerships that have been popping up don't seem to have a grip on reality and many have been feeding their customers false information.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MikeAR303 said:
I would suggest making the drive to FVMC...

Many of the "new" dealerships that have been popping up don't seem to have a grip on reality and many have been feeding their customers false information.
Fox is where I have my deposit (#3), I'm just dreading having to drive all that way for service (or worse, have her towed there because of a failure).

I'd love to have the Toyota dealer to be able to do basic service.

·
Forum Mop
612 Posts
Eddie Haskell said:
Fox is where I have my deposit (#3), I'm just dreading having to drive all that way for service (or worse, have her towed there because of a failure).

I'd love to have the Toyota dealer to be able to do basic service.
3 hours!??! that's nothing.

I live in Omaha, and am getting the car from Autostrada in Austin. What is that, a 14-hr drive?

And the closest dealer for service is either Minnesota or Chicago. 9 hours.

SUCKS! :D

·
Registered
302 Posts
Ace

Ferrari of Denver is closer than that - they're a fairly new Lotus dealer.

Jeff

·
Registered
219 Posts
ace3 said:

I live in Omaha ...

Mapquest reports Omaha to St. Peters, MO as just a hair over 6 hours.

·
Forum Mop
612 Posts
I was actually rather psyched to get my deposit down with Autostrada. I've got some good friends there, and I got a great spot on the waiting list. That, and Austin has got some of the most fun public roads i've been on in a while. ;)

What's the dealer in St. Peters, MO?

I don't mind either shipping the car out to a dealer to get fixed, or (if it's minor) taking a little weekend 'getaway'. ;)

Looks like I've got a handful of dealerships within a days drive. Wasn't aware of the Denver dealership. :)

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ace3 said:

I live in Omaha, and am getting the car from Autostrada in Austin. What is that, a 14-hr drive?

I guess I'm spoiled having my Rover and Porsche service 15 minutes away...

Omaha...?!? You're not going to camo paint your Lotus and put a gun rack in it are you...???? HA HA! :D

·
Forum Mop
612 Posts
Eddie Haskell said:
I guess I'm spoiled having my Rover and Porsche service 15 minutes away...

Omaha...?!? You're not going to camo paint your Lotus and put a gun rack in it are you...???? HA HA! :D
That's a first ... someone that thinks of Nebrasaka as a hunting state. I usually get the "are you sure the Elise will be able to manage on the dirt roads?"

;)

·
Forum Mop
612 Posts

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
ace3 said:

There is one in St Louis.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Dealer in Dallas?

I'm thinking of putting a deposit down tomorrow in dallas, TX. Anyone here know what kind of dealership they are?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Tripledigits said:
Ace

Ferrari of Denver is closer than that - they're a fairly new Lotus dealer.

Jeff
Actually we have always had "dealer" status but made the decision not to carry any new Esprits in stock when the new Maserati came back to N. America. Now that Lotus has finally decided to bring a car we can sell Ferrari is whining about it :rolleyes:

·
Registered
302 Posts
Canyon Carver said:
Actually we have always had "dealer" status but made the decision not to carry any new Esprits in stock when the new Maserati came back to N. America. Now that Lotus has finally decided to bring a car we can sell Ferrari is whining about it :rolleyes:
I stand corrected.

BTW, my experience with Ferrari of Denver has been very positive. No baloney, just good customer service.

Jeff

·
Registered
247 Posts
No problem Jeff, I hope I didn't come across to you like I was bickering about what you said. I'm sure whomever you placed your deposit with will take very good care of you and when any news comes our way we'll forward it you.
Cheers

·
Registered
302 Posts
Canyon Carver said:
No problem Jeff, I hope I didn't come across to you like I was bickering about what you said. I'm sure whomever you placed your deposit with will take very good care of you and when any news comes our way we'll forward it you.
Cheers

Thanks, Derek

No offfense taken. John Yueh is my salesman. I really do like your operation - great showroom floor and no pressure.

Jeff

1 - 19 of 19 Posts