1 - 20 of 189 Posts

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
i really like that white on the cognac - get deviated black seats so they take less work and black out the roof and you have a killer combo imo

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:shrug:There have been '14s here in the east for some time.
I know there were a few 2014s on dealer lots but those were the ones produced before the exemption expired. And, there was usually like 1 on the lot.

Now, I'm several several cars in dealer inventory which leads me to believe these are not the cars that were produced before the exemption expiration.

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts
I know there were a few 2014s on dealer lots but those were the ones produced before the exemption expired. And, there was usually like 1 on the lot.

Now, I'm several several cars in dealer inventory which leads me to believe these are not the cars that were produced before the exemption expiration.
Well, I would not know how to tell the difference, but there have been multiple '14s here for at least a month. Are you saying those are leftover '13s finished in '14? Some dealers do have only one, but several have two.

·
Illegal Alien
5,258 Posts
They have '14 VIN numbers. I have seen two in NJ and two in Texas

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
For Lotus the MY2014 started some time last summer and, yes, they have delivered ample Evoras to the US.

On TLF Bibs confirmed that Lotus decided that the easiest way to get around the airbag waiver vor 2014 was to simply deliver sufficent cars before its expiration.

Not sure what this means for 2015 though.

·
Premium Member
6,981 Posts
They are probably sitting quietly in some lot waiting for their request.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just checked with Abe. The multiple 2014s listed on dealers sites you see where originally at port. There's also a shipment of 2014 on the way to the U.S. With several 2014 now available and more on the way, I suppose this means there's more incentive to move the 2013 (and I don't mean "incentive" as a factory rebate. Trying to pick my words carefully).

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I didn't want to ask. :) Sort of puts him in an uncomfortable situation if I post it here. But, he did say more 2014s are on their way.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just checked with Abe. The multiple 2014s listed on dealers sites you see where originally at port. There's also a shipment of 2014 on the way to the U.S. With several 2014 now available and more on the way, I suppose this means there's more incentive to move the 2013 (and I don't mean "incentive" as a factory rebate. Trying to pick my words carefully).
Well, I don't have to be careful with my choice of words: rotfl

Return of the Conquest Program:
http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f409/return-conquest-program-226074/

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts
Exemption was through March 8

Doesn't seem to be any big secret about this: https://www.federalregister.gov/articles/2013/03/08/2013-05477/group-lotus-plc-grant-of-petition-for-a-temporary-exemption-from-an-advanced-air-bag-requirement-of

In addition, the exemption allows a maximum of 450 cars. I recommend reading the entire document, as it has some interesting commentary and stats about Lotus, how its cars are used, how many it intended to produce in its request for a 28-month exemption, etc.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Does that mean they found a way around the airbag issue? :confused:
I expect the critical date is not the date of entry to the US, rather the date of build (as always, its the paperwork that counts). So these cars were all built pre-expiration.

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts
I guess "built" can mean different things for a Lotus! When the car is actually started? When a VIN is assigned? When it is finished? Could they have cars started before 3/8, and not yet finished? In the event, the number cannot be higher than 450. I don't know if that includes a restriction of model year. If a car was started (or a VIN assigned) before 3/8, and the car is not completed until after, can it be called a 2015? Many manufacturers release new model year cars in the prior calendar year. Just because Lotus hasn't typically done that doesn't mean it couldn't. They're certainly not selling 450 Evoras per year, so that could be 3 years' production. Would the exemption allow running changes?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Doesn't seem to be any big secret about this: https://www.federalregister.gov/articles/2013/03/08/2013-05477/group-lotus-plc-grant-of-petition-for-a-temporary-exemption-from-an-advanced-air-bag-requirement-of

In addition, the exemption allows a maximum of 450 cars. I recommend reading the entire document, as it has some interesting commentary and stats about Lotus, how its cars are used, how many it intended to produce in its request for a 28-month exemption, etc.

The issue is this part "The exemption remains in effect until March 8, 2014."

Since no new exemption is known to have been issued, folks have been curious about what that means for import of the Evora.

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
The issue is this part "The exemption remains in effect until March 8, 2014."

Since no new exemption is known to have been issued, folks have been curious about what that means for import of the Evora.
That is the new exemption, replacing one that expired March 8th 2013 and allowing 450 more cars in.

·
Illegal Alien
5,258 Posts
That March 2014 extension was later revised it Nov 7, 2013 after government learnt Lotus had imported cars after demand to stop and before extension was granted. So importing has stopped months ago.

Regulations.gov

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
It has been extended.

Edit to note it has not been extended.

1 - 20 of 189 Posts