The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got it!! I got it!! BUt my pics are too big to upload. Randy-what's your email address? I was treated superbly by Rothrock every step of the way, and The owner came out to meet me and look over the car.

And let me tell you-the car, which I have built up in my mind for 5 1/2 years, is BETTER than expected. Heck, I got one marriage proposal on the way home! Tons of comments, and a guy in a Porsche followed me into a parking lot to get a better look. And the car, my god it is a driver's dream! Heaven!!

·
Registered
963 Posts
Congrats! Can't wait for the photos. :clap:

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Surferjer said:
Heck, I got one marriage proposal on the way home...a guy in a Porsche followed me into a parking lot to get a better look.
Is that legal in your state;)

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
Congratulations, Surferjer!!

I'll take that marriage proposal! Is she hot? Maybe this car will be a good icebreaker and I can drive around the block at junior colleges. LOL My mom wants grandkids! :eek:

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Congrats! I'm hideously envious of you! :p

Seriously... get out there and DRIVE! And in those moments you're not in the car, let us know your observations!

Bob

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Surferjer said:
Heck, I got one marriage proposal on the way home! ....a guy in a Porsche followed me into a parking lot to get a better look.
These are not related, right? :)

Congrats. Send pics to me at [email protected]

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No, those were not related. Even keeping the RPMs at or below 4.5, it's still blazingly fast. I admit I did redline it a couple of times, and boy howdy when that VV kicks in, lookout! I have yet to break the rear tires loose through the twisties, and BRP looks fantastic! The car is so exotic it's unreal. Surprisingly, lots of leg room, and the interior is quite comfortable. The car is small, but not overly so. Certainly not much smaller that a Miata. One unforseen fact: you have to "fall' into the seat. There's no graceful way to get in, and your ass might be only 6 inches from the road surface. But once in, it fits like a glove. I'm 6 ft 186 lbs BTW.

More tomorrow. I'm 90 miles into my 600 mile breakin period, and I hope I haven't already blown the warranty....

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
you guys are killing us with all these descriptions. damn i can't wait for the demo to hold me over for another half a year. I'll just go back to my dealer once a month to drive the demo!

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Congrats. Can't wait to see the pics. I ordered BRP/biscuit and it'll be a while before my late 20's car is built.

·
Registered
186 Posts
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Finally some BRP pics coming. You better not F up those pictures. :mad: If you want I'll fly up and drive the car out to a really nice area where I can get some great shots :p Not sure when I could get the car back to you though.

pics! pics! pics! pics! pics! pics! pics! pics!

AHahahhaa it said I had too many smilies! I didn't know there was a limit. :huh:

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I sent the pics to Randy. Two with hard top on, two after I had the dealer remove it (I'll go back for it later). More later, if I can stop driving it!!

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Surfer,
You might try grabbing the driver's seat right bolster (the fabric covered part) when getting in/out, allows you to control "the drop" into the seat.
Chris
Glad you like the car, knew you would

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Surfer,

The BRP looks great. Congrats. Now I am so glad that I ordered the hard top. In my opinion, it looks even better with that on.
Johnny B, I have ordered exactly the same car (BRP/BSCT). I will post those pics when I get mine. I am 4th in NYC.

Randy, May I send them to you ?

I can't wait!!!!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS! :clap:

This is killing me.....................................

·
Registered
211 Posts
Wow, that color looks much nicer than I imagined- good for you! That'd be the perfect car to drive around wine country ;)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts