The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
ace3 said:
Fantastic!

I sure hope so... ;) I'm #18 with Autostrada down in Austin. Saffron w/ LSS and nothing else. :D

Where did you put your deposit down at? I had one with Downtown Jaguar, but moved halfway up the ranks by moving to Autostrada.

There's a very slight possibility that there could be a Lotus dealer in store for Omaha. Having at least 2 Elise's in town might push it a little further. :D
Awesome to hear...your car will get here months before mine, then! My deposit is in St. Louis. Since I've never even seen an Elise in person, seeing yours would be a useful once it arrives.

An eventual dealership in Omaha would be ideal! It sounds like you've looked into that...

Thanks,
David

·
Forum Mop
612 Posts
X000000101 said:
Awesome to hear...your car will get here months before mine, then! My deposit is in St. Louis. Since I've never even seen an Elise in person, seeing yours would be a useful once it arrives.

An eventual dealership in Omaha would be ideal! It sounds like you've looked into that...

Thanks,
David

That would make two of us. I flew down to Autostrada last year to test drive their demo car, but it left for california the morning that I arrived. Figures. ;)

I'll definitely let you know when I receive mine. Have you ever been out to MAM? I've got a whole slew of laps out there, so the Elise will find a new home there as well.

I have a friend that is a manager at one of the largest dealerships here in town, and they have expressed "great interest" in giving Lotus a new midwestern home. THAT would be great. I have little desire to take my car to Minneapolis for warranty work. ;)

·
Registered
262 Posts
ace3 said:
That would make two of us. I flew down to Autostrada last year to test drive their demo car, but it left for california the morning that I arrived. Figures. ;)

I'll definitely let you know when I receive mine. Have you ever been out to MAM? I've got a whole slew of laps out there, so the Elise will find a new home there as well.

I have a friend that is a manager at one of the largest dealerships here in town, and they have expressed "great interest" in giving Lotus a new midwestern home. THAT would be great. I have little desire to take my car to Minneapolis for warranty work. ;)
As I'm new to Omaha as of last Nov, I'm not familiar with MAM.
I'll keep my fingers crossed on the dealership...I was hoping for one at least in Kansas City...but one in Omaha would be perfect.

·
Forum Mop
612 Posts
X000000101 said:
As I'm new to Omaha as of last Nov, I'm not familiar with MAM.
I'll keep my fingers crossed on the dealership...I was hoping for one at least in Kansas City...but one in Omaha would be perfect.
Then you'll have to come down sometime! It's an awesome facility ... 2.2mi roadcourse, 1/8mi dragstrip, jetski lake, and a bunch of other cool stuff.
www.midamericamotorplex.com

·
Registered
394 Posts
atyclb said:
sure, sounds like fun!

what general part of SA is the new house in?

(North, South, East, West)?
The new home is near i-10 and 1604, so the north side would be the general area! Ill get you more details when the event is comming together!

Adam p

·
Registered
262 Posts
ace3 said:
Then you'll have to come down sometime! It's an awesome facility ... 2.2mi roadcourse, 1/8mi dragstrip, jetski lake, and a bunch of other cool stuff.
www.midamericamotorplex.com
Very cool...first I've heard of this...looking at the website thinking about driving over there this eve to check it out, at least as a spectator!

·
Forum Mop
612 Posts
X000000101 said:
Very cool...first I've heard of this...looking at the website thinking about driving over there this eve to check it out, at least as a spectator!
It's a fun track. I'm an instructor out there, so if you want to go check it out when i get the car, just let me know. I get in for free. We'll just say you're an "interested party". ;)

We have Wednesdays for the "Hi-Po" member group. Go out to the track anytime at all, and you can burn off as much tire as you'd like. I usually go out a few times just to check tire pressures, then really get at it.

The guys that go out there are really cool, and everyone likes to have fun. Sucks that the indoor go-kart track we had here closed down - now there's no competition over the winter break. ;)

Shoot me a PM anytime. :)

ac.

·
Registered
262 Posts
OneFastMiata said:
So....how about that new Harry Potter movie? :huh:
Don't know much about the new Harry Potter movie....but....I hear you can save a lot of money by switching to Geico. ;)

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Hmm. Can the Elise float? I'm thinking aluminum tub frame and hill sill, it can. I'm sure it's not submergible because the roof would leak. :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
I went to med school at Creighton in Omaha in the late 70's. I'm glad to see a great facility like MAM in the area. It might give me an incentive to atttend a class reunion. I'll drive out in my new Elise and get some track time.

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
Allan Gibbs said:
Hmm. Can the Elise float? I'm thinking aluminum tub frame and hill sill, it can. I'm sure it's not submergible because the roof would leak. :)
I know Lotus has the technology for submersibles. I saw it in this spy documentary I saw once. Also, there was this anti-theft device that was pretty cool...

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
I keep hearing about contacting LOA or someone else at Lotus. How do you do that? I'd love pursue the VIN # idea, but I don't even know how to start. Theoretically my car should be here in May. I'd like some confirmation...

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
It's taken a lot of self control not to call my dealer every week. I sure hope every dealer gets a few cars in the first shipment. I'm first in line in Boston but who knows how the allotments will go. LCU please give us a sign.

At least my dealer is only 45min down the road. Call me any time, day or night and I'll be there.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Surferjer, if your car is to be here in May, then it seems perfectly reasonable to ask for the VIN number soon. You know, so you can piece together some insurance before driving off. If "May" is accurate, then it should be on a boat now or very soon. Why keep the VIN secret?

I'm hearing that some auto insurance policies exclude specific marques of cars -- Lambo, Ferrari, etc.. and perhaps Lotus! If this is the case, I wouldn't even get the "30 days" grace period from my current policy to insure the car. A real VIN number is the easiest way to get this sorted out. Someone needs to pull the muzzle of Lotus regarding shipments, and soon.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts