The Lotus Cars Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 937 Posts

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone who has followed the Is Hillary Finished thread knows I hate Hillary and have been hoping for her demise at Obama's hands...I generally have a favorable opinion of him, even though I tend to lean Republican, and would consider voting for him...

But I think he has a growing problem.....unfortunately, the Clinton campaign has succeeded in making race a factor - whether by Bill or Hillary's comments, or those of surrogates like Geraldine Ferraro...

Look at the Mississippi primary....it is no surprise he got 90% of the african american vote....but what is surprising is that unlike several other recent contests, he did not carry the white male vote.... maybe just a function of Mississippi, but maybe something more...

So now we have video clips of his pastor, making the following comments:

The government gives them the drugs, builds bigger prisons, passes a three-strike law and then wants us to sing 'God Bless America.' No, no, no, God damn America

the United States brought on the 9/11 attacks with its own "terrorism"

We started the AIDS virus

Now I dont necessarily agree with the idea of guilt by association - noone can be responsible for the words/actions of all their associates....But remember this is the pastor that Obama says has been a major inspiration for him. He has been a member of that church for 20 years.
Rev. Wright married Obama and his wife Michelle, baptized their two daughters and is credited by Obama for the title of his book, "The Audacity of Hope."

In a campaign appearance earlier this month, Sen. Obama said, "I don't think my church is actually particularly controversial."

I disagree, and I think a lot of people are going to be shocked by these videos...Put this together with his wife's statement "For the first time in my adult lifetime, I am really proud of my country." and rightly or wrongly, some people may start having second thoughts....

Hillary may not be finished after all:(

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the Hillary camp took care of that too as I recall with some photshop work...

·
Registered
999 Posts
It is unfortunate, but recent history shows that the candidates that are willing to go to any length, spin any yarn, and sling any amount of mud, are the ones who end up winning (such as the yarns that Bush's flacks told about McCain down in South Carolina in 2000). Of course, the really older history in the USA wasn't honestly much nicer, e.g., the pamphlets issued by the founders and their flacks.

Unless Obama is willing to go negative, and start going after Hillary (e.g., about what "experience" she really had as first lady that makes her qualified to do foreign policy, and how she couldn't even keep track of where Bill was [or what he was doing]), I suspect that Obama is going to have an even harder time getting the nomination. I believe that a lot of Democrats who support Obama just won't vote, if Hillary steals the nomination. But, she'd rather destroy the party and lose to McCain, than to be honest about the fact that she, for all intents and purposes, is not going to have the most (honestly won) delegates at the convention.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Damn, who is his pastor? Farrakan?? (I probably didn't spell that right...oh well) Anyway, as long as Bush is gone in November, I don't care who wins! Though I'm leaning towards Obama too... I guess we'll see

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
I'm just glad they continue to slam each other. The thought of a joint ticket scares the hell out of me.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I'm just glad they continue to slam each other. The thought of a joint ticket scares the hell out of me.
Since the Democrats can't seem to mobilize themselves, they may continue down their path of implosion. Either way, I would say they have a much less chance of beating McCain after how the past few weeks have played out...

I will still vote for Ron Paul, even if I have to write his name in the ballot.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Obama has refused the VP job already (and I don't blame him). I think Hillary would also refuse to be a VP (but you never know), so the probability a joint ticket is lower than it would have been if the race wasn't as close.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Not an editorial, but seen on a sign outside a local bar this week:

"Democrat's dilemma: A nut with boobs or a boob with nuts"

·
Registered
836 Posts
In the end neider of them will be the President,,,way to many people here that would not wote for a woman or a african American,,,,so whoever the "other side" brings thats probably the next prez :shrug:

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
I'm still voting for Transio ! :nanner:

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
no skeletons in his closet:eek:

·
Registered
213 Posts
In the end neider of them will be the President,,,way to many people here that would not wote for a woman or a african American,,,,so whoever the "other side" brings thats probably the next prez :shrug:
+1

I think the Dems could have owned this election had they not tried to be so 'nouveau' in its candidates. I do believe that if Obama was not Muslim :eek: he would stand a pretty good chance of winning. Americans might be over the whole war in the middle east/war against terrorism/war for oil (whatever your favorite term is), but they still harbor a fear and hatred for what extreme muslims have done. For much of America, their first and only muslim experience and introduction was 9/11. Had Colin Powell run in Osama's (oops, Obama's) place I don't think it would have even been close.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I do believe that if Obama was not Muslim :eek: he would stand a pretty good chance of winning.
Of course you know that Obama is Christian, not Muslim.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Of course you know that Obama is Christian, not Muslim.
I thought I had read that he was Muslim at one time. :huh:

However, it would make more sense that he is Christian with the goings on of his pastor and what not. :wave:

:shrug:

Either way, doesn't make much difference, democrats won't stand a chance in the end with the candidates that they have offered.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
His father was Muslim, but he professes to be Christian, and has attended a christian church (Trinity Church in Chicago) for 20 years.

Unfortunately, his pastor (Reverend Wright) has been exposed recently to have voiced on numerous occasions opinions that can only be described as promoting hate between blacks and whites. Obama claims to be clueless about these remarks, a position that passes neither the laugh test nor the sniff test. When one views the videos of his pastor's rants, it is obvious that Wright is a racist (see Ivan 1's thread on this). His passionate distrust of Caucasions is horrific, even claiming the US government developed the AIDs virus to decimate the black population. Strange, I thought it was gay white guys that suffered initially. Wright's comments certainly weren't wasted on Obama's wife, Michelle. The anti-white, anti-government diatribes seem to put her recent comment that she had never been proud of America until recently into context. Afterall, we are just a country full of and led by white racist supremacist murderers, at least according to pastor Wright.

We are in the midst of historic events. Sadly, they will cause rank and file white folks to distrust black politicians for years to come.

And I have lost all respect for Obama after hearing him defend Wright. I really wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt, as he is quite likable. Far right conservatives can't stand McCain, a war hero who was hung for hours at a time from his broken arms during his initial POW stint that lasted five years after his plane was shot down and crash landed in a lake in downtown Hanoi. Seems like a few Democrats would at least consider him. The locals beat the living crap out of him in addition to his broken arms and broken knee from the crash, and stabbed him with a bayonet. He didn't receive any medical treatment for 9 days. At one point he was offered early release as his father was an admiral in the Navy, a release he declined as it violated his code of ethics "first captured, first released". He spent several more years in solitary confinement.

He may be old and a little crusty, but he appears to be the best America has to offer. Certainly, he is a man of character by any standard. Obama, not so much.

Even the "full of heart" college people think Hillary is artificial. But she is a better choice than the ultra liberal "what the hell were we thinking?" Obama. Over the last six months I have heard more complaining from my patients about finances than I have heard in 20 years. Now is not the time to raise taxes and further the welfare state. In fact, many people need to get off their lazy asses and pull their own weight or our children will suffer for decades to come.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I say it's probably a good idea read the various candidate's policy pages--rather than taking a spin with media sample of the day--if you are trying to decide how to vote in a most rational fashion. That being said, some of the pastor's speaking up didn't do much good for Obama, but you might want to ask yourself why they found a voice in the national media? We all have "friends" who don't really serve as mirrors to who we are...

1 - 20 of 937 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.