The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took off my tail lights to paint the bezels and there's an open spot in the middle where it seems a light would go. Or, if not a light, at least some sort of 'blank'. Looking at the parts manual, it looks like there's a light there for the Euro version at least, but not the US model? I couldn't find any wires in the boot that weren't hooked up. Is this just another Lotus "thing"?

Attachments

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
I think the cars have only one reverse light. So one side will have a blank. My wifes MiniCooper has the same story

·
Premium Member
2,926 Posts
Federal cars do not have a middle bulb. European cars use that bulb (Amber) for the turn signal. If you check the "disable DRL" threads, there are pictures and references to them. Some of us that disabled the DRL have swapped for European taillights which are plug and play and do not have the fast blinker issue when you disable the DRL.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,179 Posts
Never take a Lotus apart to see if anything is missing.

·
Illegal Alien
5,351 Posts
rotflrotflrotfl

·
Happy To Be Here
2013 Lotus Evora IPS - Carbon Grey
977 Posts
I haven't taken mine apart, but looking in the tail light, I don't see a plug at all. Seems to be open to the environment behind the light housing. If I ever end up performing the DRL mod, I'd probably swap out for the ROW tail lights and have that builb to provide the resistance.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Bulb holder for the ROW cars. Empty on Fed cars. I used it for an amber bulb, modifying a bulb holder to fit, when doing the DRL fix. It stops the rapid turn signal, and gives a nice orange glow addition to the LED turn signal. Also, fills the hole!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.