The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the '07 Exige Alpine radio (Alpine CDA9856) a direct plug in to an '05 elise equipt with a blaupunkt radio?

Didn't see the answer anywhere in the Electronics section.

Thanks!

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Tap.Tap.Tap
This thing on?

Nobody has taken the kind of crappy 05 elise Blaupunkt radio out and replaced it with the not as crappy 07 elise/exige Alpine one?

All I want to know is if the connectors are the same, is it plug and play?

Dave

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Tap.Tap.Tap
This thing on?

Nobody has taken the kind of crappy 05 elise Blaupunkt radio out and replaced it with the not as crappy 07 elise/exige Alpine one?

All I want to know is if the connectors are the same, is it plug and play?

Dave
I've owned both. To me, the difference in crappiness of the two radios is strictly theoretical and not discernable by the human ear.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks.

I mainly wanted to try out HD Radio. My standard signal sucks balls, so I wanted to see how the HD would work.

I have also not seen anyone post anything about HD Radio for the stock Alpine head unit either... guess I am stepping out on my own for this one...

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I've owned both. Actually I currently own both (an 05 Elise and 07 Exige). To me, the difference in crappiness of the two radios is strictly theoretical and not discernable by the human ear.

If thats the case maybe the speakers are to blame?

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Thanks.

I mainly wanted to try out HD Radio. My standard signal sucks balls, so I wanted to see how the HD would work.

I have also not seen anyone post anything about HD Radio for the stock Alpine head unit either... guess I am stepping out on my own for this one...
Does the Alpine unit even support HD radio? I thought it was only XM ready (buy the subscription, no other parts needed).

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does the Alpine unit even support HD radio? I thought it was only XM ready (buy the subscription, no other parts needed).
Yes. It is HD Ready, so you need the little receiver thingy to hook up to the headunit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts