The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed the Ronin was wider and longer than the normal Exige at the time. Looking at the newest 2012 Exige S in particular, I noticed a difference but wasn't sure. Sure enough, after a search in Google, the car is longer and wider. The front grille looks slightly better IMO, and looks more badass and less comedic (the small look isn't too appealing IMO).

Now, I can't really find too much info on the Ronin, but are the specs of dimensions similar and which one is more expensive?

Oh, and last question, is the Exige S (2012) considered an exotic or supercar, or just a sports car?

Do you personally think it's overpriced since it has a Toyota Camry engine, which is modified?

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
:huh:

:popcorn:

·
Registered
7,197 Posts
One of the most original posts in a while.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
they see me trolling, they hate it. Do you happen to have a pet red panda?

·
Registered
225 Posts
I noticed the Ronin was wider and longer than the normal Exige at the time. Looking at the newest 2012 Exige S in particular, I noticed a difference but wasn't sure. Sure enough, after a search in Google, the car is longer and wider. The front grille looks slightly better IMO, and looks more badass and less comedic (the small look isn't too appealing IMO).

Now, I can't really find too much info on the Ronin, but are the specs of dimensions similar and which one is more expensive?

Oh, and last question, is the Exige S (2012) considered an exotic or supercar, or just a sports car?

Do you personally think it's overpriced since it has a Toyota Camry engine, which is modified?
Screen name = Flame bait

Exige - exotic, supercar, sports car = Flame bait (IMHO, Depends on who is driving, looking, or comparing. Sort of like some guys love big bottoms, small bottoms, big racks, small racks, or blondes, brunette's, or ginger's). I would like to think Lotus builds a car that embodies Colin's vision, and puts aside the labels above when going to the drawing board.

Toyota engine in a Toyota is just a reliable transport. Toyota engine in a Lotus chassis = reliable intoxication. (IMHO as well). Oh, Toyota engine comment = Flame bait as well!

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
You do realize that "The Ronin" you refer to is just someone's personal project, right? lol

·
Registered
7,115 Posts

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
The Ronin is the special edition of the '12 Exige S, there is only one and it went to some rich guy in LA. You can't buy that anymore but you can by the Qball edition in January 2013

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
The Ronin is the special edition of the '12 Exige S, there is only one and it went to some rich guy in LA.
Interesting fact: Ronin was the original lead designer for the Elise. He and Lotus corporate parted ways when his vision of high powered race cars didn't align with theirs of cheap, lightweight sports cars. He actually stole one of his prototypes from the factory when he retired to Southern California. The grey car you see in his videos actually still belongs to Lotus and would be seized if it ever tried to enter the UK again. Apparently it's rumored that Lotus has gone as far as sending staff over to try to have the car wrecked in traffic, but that sounds a bit far fetched to me.

·
Registered
7,197 Posts
Now it all comes together.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Interesting fact: Ronin was the original lead designer for the Elise. He and Lotus corporate parted ways when his vision of high powered race cars didn't align with theirs of cheap, lightweight sports cars. He actually stole one of his prototypes from the factory when he retired to Southern California. The grey car you see in his videos actually still belongs to Lotus and would be seized if it ever tried to enter the UK again. Apparently it's rumored that Lotus has gone as far as sending staff over to try to have the car wrecked in traffic, but that sounds a bit far fetched to me.
Now it all comes together.
That also explains why the car is currently undergoing "plastic surgery" to disguise it as a 2-Eleven!

Brilliant!

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Wow, you guys are making me want to drink before noon. Did get a good chuckle out of these though (if there was a drunk banana icon, put it here)

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
rotfl

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
That's a good one!!

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
...and we haven't even gotten to the nigerian hit squad that set the boat on fire.

i heard that danny is holding all the parts for ransom, demanding a fully fueled helicopter with that guy, that was in that movie, as co-pilot and safe passage to Turkey, personally, i don't think the helicopter will make it that far with all that added weight in it...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts