The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question for someone who has their Elise.. is the Cigarette/Accessory outlet always powered, or does it turn off when the key is removed?

If it stays on, it's a good place to connect something like a Battery Tender to keep the battery charged, but a bad port for something like an iPod or Radar Detector that might get left on in the garage.

Thanks!

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Mine is always hot. Great for recharging phones...

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Yes it is always hot. I would rather it wasn't. I can foresee dead battery caused by forgetting to unplug the V1.

·
Registered
543 Posts
it comes with cigarette lighter?? how much wait is that adding!?!
:no:

i never even noticed it or ash trays. where are their locations?? i don't smoke so i'll get a plastic cover for it.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Comes with an outlet, but not a lighter. There's no ashtray. The outlet is between the seats.

·
Registered
687 Posts
espritv8 said:
it comes with cigarette lighter?? how much wait is that adding!?!
:no:
So are you suggesting that adding a cigarette lighter is the cause for all of these delays? :p

·
Registered
543 Posts
no, i just mis-spelled wait,

i meant how much weight is that adding to the car?

obviously my fast typing was causing errors...and my jokes are as bad as my typing! i mean really how much does a cig lighter weigh anyway?! i could always pull a john belusi and through it out the window (like he did in Blues Brothers). but then i'd not like to litter...so the trash can it'll be

but it is good to know there is not one in the car, thanks to pinmagic!

ok it's late and i gotta stop for today ...

·
Registered
144 Posts
yep its always on...and yes some people who dont drive their cars during the week use it to plug in a battery conditioner :)

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
espritv8 said:
no, i just mis-spelled wait,

i meant how much weight is that adding to the car?

obviously my fast typing was causing errors...and my jokes are as bad as my typing! i mean really how much does a cig lighter weigh anyway?!

·
Registered
543 Posts
atyclb
thank you for your research!! just too cool.
see, isn't 0.6 oz. way too much added weight!?!! :clap:

·
Registered
228 Posts
Derek, I've gotten in the habit of turning mine off when I park so I don't have to unplug it. Also, I've left mine on overnight a few times and for a weekend once and the battery is fine. If you left it for a week or more it might be more of a problem.

Derek said:
Yes it is always hot. I would rather it wasn't. I can foresee dead battery caused by forgetting to unplug the V1.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
espritv8 said:
i could always pull a john belusi and through it out the window (like he did in Blues Brothers). but then i'd not like to litter...so the trash can it'll be
Ah, reminds me of the classic Steve Martin line, when he talks about the great advice he got from a guru:

"Always carry a litter bag with you in the car whereever you go. It doesn't take up much room, and if it gets full, you can just toss it out the window."

1 - 15 of 15 Posts