The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the middle of a suspension refresh and have been thinking about the DNA rear swaybar as a way to balance understeer. This clearly adds weight to the car, but will manage rear roll thereby improving understeer. I am shooting for a small amount of understeer from a balanced setup with AutoX in mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Less is Better
2,627 Posts
  1. One of the easiest ways to adjust the car's balance is adjustable front and rear sway bars. But it might also mask underlying issues in other areas. Meaning you can dial balance but at the sacrifice of max grip. You might think about tires and suspension settings to really optimize the car's grip.

·
pullthatwigback
22 Posts
  1. One of the easiest ways to adjust the car's balance is adjustable front and rear sway bars. But it might also mask underlying issues in other areas. Meaning you can dial balance but at the sacrifice of max grip. You might think about tires and suspension settings to really optimize the car's grip.
I don't think these cars have a rear bar at all which is the reason for ops quotation.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I am in the middle of a suspension refresh and have been thinking about the DNA rear swaybar as a way to balance understeer. This clearly adds weight to the car, but will manage rear roll thereby improving understeer. I am shooting for a small amount of understeer from a balanced setup with AutoX in mind.
I highly doubt you need a rear swaybar to achieve what you're looking for. What is your set up? Tire sizes/ front swaybar/ alignmnet?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I highly doubt you need a rear swaybar to achieve what you're looking for. What is your set up? Tire sizes/ front swaybar/ alignmnet?
I am running the stock size tires Proxes R888R. Elise Parts steering arm with extra camber to prevent bump steer and Shinoo’s recommended setup on A048s.

Front Rear
Ride height 125 +/- 3mm 130 +/- 3mm
Camber -2.2° -2.4° to -2.7°
Toe (total) 0 3mm total toe in

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also, I am running the second stiffest setting on the track pack front sway bar.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I am running the stock size tires Proxes R888R. Elise Parts steering arm with extra camber to prevent bump steer and Shinoo’s recommended setup on A048s.

Front Rear
Ride height 125 +/- 3mm 130 +/- 3mm
Camber -2.2° -2.4° to -2.7°
Toe (total) 0 3mm total toe in

So on stock size tires, I assume you have understeer on corner exit only. That's not a bad thing exactly. I think the car will become incredibly loose if you add a rear bar. To reduce exit understeer, I'd recommend reducing the front sway bar stiffness first and see if that works for you. Honestly, you'll probably never eliminate it totally on 205 width front tires.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So on stock size tires, I assume you have understeer on corner exit only. That's not a bad thing exactly. I think the car will become incredibly loose if you add a rear bar. To reduce exit understeer, I'd recommend reducing the front sway bar stiffness first and see if that works for you. Honestly, you'll probably never eliminate it totally on 205 width front tires.
What width front tire do you recommend?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts